03 Mountain Cat keeps stalling?

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey can anyone help me figure out why my 800 Mountain Cat keeps stalling, it will usually do it on a hill when you are on the throttle? If I shut it down for 5/ min it will run and do it again about 20/ min later? I changed the fuel regulator on it as it is EFI. Cleaned the fuel pick up hose? Any ideas will help. Thanks.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPS... throttle position sensor. This could be the culprit. I've seen it on a few older Cats in the past, including one of my own. Check it out, minor fix but a major pain to diagnose.

Good luck.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stator, bad ground or air/water temp wire, exhaust outlet plugging and/or snow being sucked into air intake through exhaust outlet opening.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will dig a little deeper into the problem, like I said before I changed the fuel regulator and that fixed it at the end of last season, now it is doing the same thing. Regards.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the fuel reg actually fix it or was it fixed because there was no fine silty snow getting in air box or as posted above, aslo check electrical connectors around gas tank and efi box, aply dielectric grease to all connectors, i doubt it is the stator but there is a chance, do all the lights go out and tac/speedo dies??

Top Bottom