02 Grizzly 660. Any Good?

tbosch

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 660 Grizz this weekend. It seems to be in decent shape and runs well. It has yamaha skid plates and warn bumper installed. Other than that it's stock. All the issues with overheating have been dealt with years ago so thats not an issue. Is there anything else I should be looking for on this quad before I seal the deal? Anyone have any personal experiences good or bad with these machines?

Thanks in advance for any info

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Check brakes and wheel bearings ,Just regular maintence.Good machines.Murminator i think has an 03 or04..Does the 4x4 work good with no noise and does the diff lock work properly?How many k's

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold mine. No serious problems with it. After it was snorkled it was much better in the water. Had about 4500 miles on it when I rebuilt the engine, wasn't burning oil, put in a h/c piston and cam. The 02 has different axles and wheel bearings then the rest of the years. My only complaint with the bike was the short lifespan of brakes (fronts).

toyz

Reaction score
I know of a few people who had lots of problems with the rear axles popping out and were also oil burners. They have all bee sold beacause of the axle problem

tbosch

Reaction score
I'm going to look at the machine this weekend. It has a bad rear axle but that is being negotiated in the price. I will check everything else out thoroughly when I get a chance to look at it. The engine was rebuilt last year.

tbosch

Reaction score
I picked up the grizz on saturday. Everything looks good other than the rear axle. Thanks for all the input.

tbosch

Reaction score
Well I finally received the new axle and installed it last week. I headed out to the lake to do a test run. I ended up putting 70 km on chasing my buddy around on his RMK 800. I'm quite impressed with the machine overall, it has actually exceeded my expectations given the trade I put forward for it. It started instantly at -20 and ran great. 4 wheel and diff lock worked perfectly. I even hauled a few 20' dead falls a few km down the lake for our fire and had no problem. Thanks everyone for the info.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
mine works good the only thing I hate is the axles wheel bearings and such are 02 only if one CV goes it costs a whole axle can't just change 1 like the 03 and up

tbosch

Reaction score
Yeah I see that being a bit of a pain in the wallet. Hopefully I dont destroy them too often.... But I am generally hard on equipment :d. How often do you run in to CV issues with yours Murminator? Are we talking a yearly thing?

Top Bottom