😡***Beware kijiji scam on '14 summit $10500 calgary***

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not saying its not a scam, I just saying unless someone here has been "taken" by him or can prove in some way its a scam, what your doing IMHO is slander. Maybe he never expected it to move so quickly that's why he posted before he left. I dunno but without facts many here are convicting someone based on what?

I know a guy that was taken by this a$$hole. Texted and called him. All seemed legit and good. Sent a dposit and the guy was still texting him saying 'see you on Friday'..... Myself and 2 other buddies then figured we'ed try and get in touch with the guy because his add was still up hours later. He texts back that the sled was still available but lots of interest. Said he'd hold it for me if I wired him $500. Told the same thing to my buddies.... How's that for proof??? Am I still slandering him??? The money isn't a huge issue. Just hate to see someone get screwed by some scum bag.

bkoz

Reaction score
It can be a little worrisome on the other end of selling as well once they have your address. Sold a quad through kijiji a few years ago, guy called, said he lived around the corner, be there in 15 minutes to check the quad out. I sat at home and waited for almost 3 hours, tried calling him back a few times with no answer, fully expected to be robbed that night. Would sure be nice to go back a few years where we could all trust each other

This happened to a buddy of mine. The guy called and said he would drop by on Saturday night to look at his mx bike at his house. The guy never showed. My buddy and his wife went too supper on Sunday night. When they got home they found that the garage was broken into and his bike was gone. The kicker was that he also had his brand new never rode bike sitting in the garage along with his old one. Of course it was gone too.

I have never shown toys or parts for sale at my house since. I always load up and meet a public place.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scammers will always be out there, cause there's always some one falling for the sales pitch. Funny all you guys say people are stupid, but some just are too gullible.

Last year we stopped by our relatives, and the nephew was all excited to show me the new car he was buying. His parents were all in favour. So in all the excitement, he shows me the ad, pics of the vehicle all the emails back and forth, they were ready to send the cash to hold the car. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the typical pitch, out of town, send money etc. I quickly showed them a similar add, just with a different vehicle. Scam all the way.
Now besides being embarrassed, they were banging their heads against the wall and felt pretty dumb for doing this. It was a big eye opener for all 3 of them. They just didn't know any better and never thought people would stoop this low to rip others off. Turned out ok, but could have been an expensive learning experience

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
here we see a pic of the sled in the ad

25235793-kijijia-ca-0.jpg

here we see the source of the pic in a video review
2014 Ski Doo Summit X Review - DragTimes.com

never was a real "for sale" ad

heres the other pic from the ad:
25235793-kijijia-ca-1.jpg

heres the source of that pic:
New GGB can on 2014 Summit X 800 etec - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my XM, I was looking at a 2012 XP summit X model that had "lots of interest" (which could have been true as it was listed for $7500 with just over 1000k) and said he'd hold it for me if I wanted to put a deposit on it. I told him I'll try my luck and hope it was still there. When I text him later on about coming to view it, it "sold that afternoon".

It could have been a legit sale, but if I had put a deposit, would it really have been there for me or got my money back? Who knows, but I wasn't going to test my luck.

I did end up with my XM for 8k, so it was probably for the better.

Sent from my iPhone

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that was taken by this a$$hole. Texted and called him. All seemed legit and good. Sent a dposit and the guy was still texting him saying 'see you on Friday'..... Myself and 2 other buddies then figured we'ed try and get in touch with the guy because his add was still up hours later. He texts back that the sled was still available but lots of interest. Said he'd hold it for me if I wired him $500. Told the same thing to my buddies.... How's that for proof??? Am I still slandering him??? The money isn't a huge issue. Just hate to see someone get screwed by some scum bag.
Info you did not share earlier. But like others have shared their stories it can happen to anyone. Including your friends. I would never just hand money over to anyone in a case like that, however I would like to think there is still some good left in society

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of a friend just got taken for $2500 for this add..... communication cutoff as soon as money was transferred crazy...

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Jeez, I have a hard time leaving a deposit after seeing the item and plan on coming back the next day. When I bought my 2014 XM. I asked all the questions I needed and asked for a few more pics with certain views. Then we settled on a price over the phone. I got his full name. Correct spelling. Did a lien search. Then when to the bank and got a draft for the selling price. If he hid something then the deal was off. He didn't. I gave him the draft in full and took the sled right then and there. When I bought my older Polaris, I went to look at the sled, liked it, and paid cash right there. The first was 11 Grand. The second much cheaper at 3 grand. There I had no issues carrying the cash. I take deposits with a time line attached. When I sell but prefer to look, then run and get the cash when I buy. It's the safest way

straightshooter

Reaction score
Common guys it's 2014 it's a new world where you can never trust anyone it's sad but true. why do guys get all Horney with deposits on stuff. If your in the market have the cash in the safe at home, when u find a machine you want take the cash with u and bring it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmEight

Reaction score
There are a lot of scammers out there for sure. However there are some guys that are fair. I recently bought a 2014 XM off a guy in Edmonton. I picked it up and paid in full. But when I got it home something just didn't look right. When looking at the sled from the front the stance just looked off. And then finally I noticed that the s-module was broken. Pretty hard to see actually. I called him up and told him that it was broken and that the part cost roughly 220$. He called around to a couple dealers and then told me that it's about a 1000$ job to get replaced. Anyway he wired me the grand and I ended up fixing it myself. I fully expected him to just bail on me but he didn't. Pretty surprising.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Common guys it's 2014 it's a new world where you can never trust anyone it's sad but true. why do guys get all Horney with deposits on stuff. If your in the market have the cash in the safe at home, when u find a machine you want take the cash with u and bring it home.

Amen, unfortunately

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like this guy was taken too... Unreal that the cops can't do anything to catch this punk

Scam | snowmobiles | Calgary | Kijiji
You wanna know what is really sad about this whole deal? The guy goes to the cops and they tell him in a nice way to sit in his own pizz cause they can't or won't do anything to help him out? WTF??? To serve and protect.....what????? Donut shops????

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's to "Serve and Collect", solving property crimes doesn't generate revenue. Seatbelt and talking on your phone does however.

Top Bottom