2013 Pro RMK Release

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little underwhelmed with today's announcement. Looks like I'll be waiting to see what they do with the 2014, maybe see if I can get that seat and running boards retrofitted though...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen this with Doo in the past. They have the chance to put there foot on the competition's throat and finish them off but "spread" out the technology over a period of a couple years and it always lets the other guys back in the game. A higher hp engine by Polaris this year would have given them some breathing room. Now we wait for the Doo....................

dinlaroche

Reaction score
Pretty pumped on the running boards and the Belt drive, but I have to say that this morning's unveiling was pretty disappointing.

I have wondered for many years why the big four didn't go to a belt drive a long time ago. Anyone know why they wouldn't? To me it seems like it would be cheaper than building a chaincase and more efficient, so what was holding them back for all these years?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good but i'm not sure if poo needs to be worrying about more lightweight especially in the a-arm side of things those a-arms on last years model and the year before were junk! hopefully these new ones can withstand a mogul on the trail! finally a running board with some cutouts that is a good one to have forsure! I'm still trying to figure out how people say the doo doesnt handle worth a chit Do the proper rding technique of WRONG FOOT forward and that sled is so FLICKABLE! lol to bad they didnt realase a new powerful motor i almost went to talk to the dealer. guess we wait till 2014 but gotta say the sled is finally heading in the right direction unlike the cat group. looks like it is gonna be another DOO VS POO battle again this year

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no... It's "MOST" flickable.

I thought afterwards I might change it...or screen shot the image from their promo vid...but really, do I want something that says, the most flickable in its class, or the most hp in its class?

417lbs is impressive, I won't disagree. If a new Summit could break a true 420lbs for a 154 X, that would be impressive.

I'm still glad I didn't jump ship when the Pro came out

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor FAIL.

Plus did you guys see the price MRSP $15,500.00 cnd for a 155" Price FAIL.

See Complete Official Contest

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL
NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. Open
to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia)
and Canada who, at the time of entry, are 21 years of age or older. Void where
prohibited by law. Click here for Complete
Official Rules
, for contest details, for entry deadlines, and to enter.
Contest starts at or around 9:00 a.m., Central time (CT), on February 10, 2012,
and ends at 11:59 p.m., CT, on March 4, 2012. Limit one entry per person or
email address. Prize (1) a 2013 Polaris® 800 Pro RMK® 155 snowmobile and a trip
for two to Roseau, MN, to take a Polaris factory tour. USD MSRP: $14,500/CAD
MSRP: $15,500.
Sponsor: Polaris Industries Inc., Medina, MN 55340.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2013 should be an even better sled than the 2012. The question is.....will it be better than the Doo for 2013? We will see in another week. Seems to me the lack of a motor announcement today has the Poo guys asking questions. I hope Doo doesn't stub there toe in a week.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor FAIL.Plus did you guys see the price MRSP $15,500.00 cnd for a 155" Price FAIL.See Complete Official Contest NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada who, at the time of entry, are 21 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Click here for , for contest details, for entry deadlines, and to enter. Contest starts at or around 9:00 a.m., Central time (CT), on February 10, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m., CT, on March 4, 2012. Limit one entry per person or email address. Prize (1) a 2013 Polaris® 800 Pro RMK® 155 snowmobile and a trip for two to Roseau, MN, to take a Polaris factory tour. USD MSRP: $14,500/CAD MSRP: $15,500. Sponsor: Polaris Industries Inc., Medina, MN 55340.
Hopefully that price includes the cost of the trip, if not then I believe Polaris made a big mistake on their pricing. They held the top spot the last couple of years with a great product at a good price.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that price includes the cost of the trip, if not then I believe Polaris made a big mistake on their pricing. They held the top spot the last couple of years with a great product at a good price.

Exactly what I was thinking. The Pro is a fantastic sled but perhaps the best thing about it how much less they sell for than the Cat and Doo. Locally the Pro's are under $11g right now while the Cat's and Doo's are still at full sticker of $14g+

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It does include the trip. Question is, how much is the trip?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little underwhelmed with today's announcement. Looks like I'll be waiting to see what they do with the 2014, maybe see if I can get that seat and running boards retrofitted though...

My thoughts exactly. I'm a little disappointed there's no power increases. The other improvements are very cool, but considering they already have the lightest chassis, the number one thing that would have convinced me to upgrade from my '12 is a healthy power increase. My '12 is officially off the market. Who knows, maybe Doo will have a new, lightweight chassis that handles a lot more like a Pro.

Top Bottom