Looking for Friend(s) Jan.2 - Castle

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Im going to be in Lethbridge with the wife over the holidays and im bringing my sled down from Edmonton as im doing a Montana trip to Skyland 27th - 30th.
My pal is jamming back to Edm on the 30th and I am looking to hook-up with someone or a group on Jan.2 for the day that can show me around or let me tag along with them to castle. (If no one gives me an offer for castle i would like to see pipeline too.... just really want to see castle as i skied there a ton as a kid)
Im pulling with a 2-wheel drive Equinox and i know i can get to castle ski hill, just not sure about the pipeline road..... I have been told i should make it..

Im not looking to tag up with extreme rider(s) as this will be my second full year of riding so i would still consider myself an intermediate rider. I like boondocking in wider spaced tree's, and climbing a little. I usually ride west of Edm in Valemount and McBRide BC.

It would just be me tagging along, the wife doesnt ride. Please PM me if interested. :d

Ryan
:beer:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the snow comes between now and then maybe it will be decent...I will be in revy the week prior but likely our group may be going out around home that weekend...you are welcome to ride along..experienced riders but we never look to get anyone in a bad spot...you may also hear from Mattmmedic..johnI T, shiznit, Foothills M8, maybe Get R done....it all depends on snow!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it snows, they need snow, I would be happy to show ya around Castle and hopefuly Dobir too, I have a buddy going there this weekend and i will get a update for us,

is that the sunday Jan 2?

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am probably in for a Jan 2 ride of it is warm enough and they have got some snow. If not, I will probably go to Golden.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well boys, im not sure there's going to be enough snow for a Jan.2 ride...

Looking at the weather forecast looks like temps will be at least 'humane' unlike now, just not much snow in the forecast.

I still wouldnt mind getting out for the day and seeing the castle area (even from the trails....) if the weather is going to be half decent. I got nothing else to do that day anyways.

Maybe a short burst, see what there is to see of the castle area and then to the T-bar pub for a beer before the drive back to Lethbridge.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking to join up with someone to ride on Jan.1 now. I am tied up and cant ride on the 2nd.

noob

Reaction score
went to satoris/lost lake today and it blows for the amount of snow they have. we'll be lucky to be riding by mid january in the castle area.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess i should have looked at this thread before, Shiznet and my self took newbe fred out to castle today,not a lot of snow but good trail up.Once at the gate up top we went to the right and there was good snow deep and bottomless, it was windy and snowing for the most of day.I would go again.Yes fred got stuck lots lolol but all had fun.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess i should have looked at this thread before, Shiznet and my self took newbe fred out to castle today,not a lot of snow but good trail up.Once at the gate up top we went to the right and there was good snow deep and bottomless, it was windy and snowing for the most of day.I would go again.Yes fred got stuck lots lolol but all had fun.

Hey Ian.

Might be going down Saturady with a buddy to snowboard. Would be nice if others were around. Could meet up for lunch on the hill, etc. We'd be riding the hill right beside the gate (north).

Supposed to be nice and sunny and another 10-15 cm of snow as per Castle's page.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya prob not there on sat but will be good for u and snowboarding, I thought at the gate we went west not north did`nt check the gps .Have fun.OHH there was a small avie there on last tues check conditions other then here,Avalanche.ca there is 2 pics on it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was trying to get more info on that. Area didn't seem familiar from pictures. The area we board should be safe, but still approaching it cautiously.

You do go west at the gate over to the big treed bowl, or over the pass. The hill I want to ride is that long hill above the gate where we went up to take pictures. You can see all three valleys from up there. Remember it was all windswept and sketchy coming down because we couldn't slow down! That's the hill I want to board down provided the snow wasn't swept away. Doesn't appear to be a problem as they haven't had much wind lately. Just need to avoid the bowl and avy run to the east of that.

Top Bottom