Diesel Shortages

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the real cause of this fuel shortage?I went into town today and diesel at the petro can was 130.9 a litre!!!How the hell is this helping anyone?The truckers are going to take a sh.. kicking!!And before everyone jumps on the farmers because of rebates the rebates are not that great so take it easy!!!!This is a ploy to permanently keep the price of diesel high!!!Gas at the same station was 104.9 a litre!!!I guess the fuel thefts in the country are going to increase again, they are starting around here already!!!A guy leaves for a weekend and you could be out thousands of dollars in one night!!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad we have enough fuel to keep our semi going for a couple months here.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This same hooey baloney happens every year at this time. The rigs are firing up and there's not enough fuel. Why don't the meat heads build more refining facilities. What are we going to do start trucking fuel from Texas back to Alberta next?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had tires replaced on our forklift yesterday, Kal tire rep called me said they may not be able to do it because they had hit their daily qouta already for fuel.
wait till all the proposed rigs start up drilling this winter running boilers and light plants i see alot of diesel drivers walkin or buying a gas vehicle this winter.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
years ago we complained when they raised the price by 5 a litre today the jerks raised it by 14 a litre in Calgary 4.5 litres x14 =63 per gallon x30 gallon tank 18.90 more but the long weekend has nothing to do with it

Last edited:

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was told by a few rig move companys and by some rig engineers today that there is only gonna be 100,000 liters of fuel to last till nov 20. that is when they say there is gonna be more fuel rollin in down here. so do the math.....95 rigs burning 3000 liters a day(with boilers)......well, that wont even last a day. so add all the service rigs and trucking companies and personal vehicles to that. there already is no diesel in weyburn or estevan at any fuel and cardlock stations. good thing i filled up yesterday....should last me for a day or so:rolleyes:

should add this is only for SE Sask

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
retarded it sold out at UFA and all the other places are like 1.40 per litre..

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ufa in lac la biche are out and so is derkos in grassland trying to get my 1000 gallon tank filled not having much luck :mad:

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the "Likes" to my post guys !!! Hopefully that will help you understand what the heck is going on :) *Cheers* :beer:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, the best way to protest this stupidity is not to buy any fuel for say a week! O.K. who will do that.....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chitty unrefined crap fuel!!!

We as owner's pay more for that junk fuel and other misc BS. IE; maintence, oil changes, fuel filter's, blah blah blah. Then a gas pot owner would, including the initial purchase price for work or pleasure. Yet we get scr$wed in the end! no kiss, no ..... around. SFA!!!!!!

My diesel is just a grocery getter/dust collecter/sled and holiday trailer puller. BUT!!!!!!! None the less, for those who do use them daily, we are getting phucked!!!

That's the end of my rant

:rant:

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol! i happen to know a guy so no shortage for us!! ok its the bro inlaw and he stocked us up before the shortage!!!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where have you guys been the last three weeks??? This is not new.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chitty unrefined crap fuel!!!

We as owner's pay more for that junk fuel and other misc BS. IE; maintence, oil changes, fuel filter's, blah blah blah. Then a gas pot owner would, including the initial purchase price for work or pleasure. Yet we get scr$wed in the end! no kiss, no ..... around. SFA!!!!!!

My diesel is just a grocery getter/dust collecter/sled and holiday trailer puller. BUT!!!!!!! None the less, for those who do use them daily, we are getting phucked!!!

That's the end of my rant

:rant:

So sell the diesel and get a gas job if you are so worried about the costs of all this maintenance. Not a complicated problem.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas don't have nearly the power of a diesel.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

For pulling a holiday trailer a dozen times a year you don't need that much power. A ford 6.8L will pull a big trailer no problem. Or if not that the chev 8.1L. Sure the gas mileage will be chitty but gas is also cheaper, maintenance is cheaper, repairs are cheaper, and the vehicle price is cheaper.

Top Bottom