Yup sooo sad, but true!!

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brush Talk: How To Drive Like An Edmontonian In 10 Death-Defying Steps

Read through this list....painfully obvious that one very important point was left out. CLEAR AS LITTLE SNOW FROM VEHICLE AS POSSIBLE, being sure to NOT clear off any lights important for safe driving, and also make the other drivers jealous of the MASSIVE pile you've got on the roof, but driving down the street @ 25-30kmh should blow all that right off.....Right?!?!?!

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah...... I see holes in some of his comments and I will focus on the concept or "Merging"

Most drivers here have no concept of a merge lane..... Like take all the overpasses from Acheson into the city on 16. You have ample time to speed up to 100 or 110 km/hr and safely merge...... but no.... Instead you doddle along at 70 cut into the slow lane and for whatever reason both lanes do a brake slam on and suddenly you are crawling at 50 km/hr..... or slower even in the summer time. I know he says people won't let you in..... well that's because doddling at half the posted speed limit I wouldn't let you in either.

I agree on the following too close and driving like a knuckle head in general but his philosphy on points 6 and 7 are skewed.

A simple solution is not to drive into the city, or near it...... but unfortunately that is not a reality for some.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It used to be fine driving here. The problem is all the people coming into Alberta fawking things up. Used to be the right lane was for driving slow. Also used to be a time when people would prepare their vehicles for winter driving. Sorry your little pos car with bald all season tires isn't going to cut, no matter how hard you try. I could go on but why bother. It is just going to continue to get worse.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little bald tire car is no worse than dork in a suv with winter tires doing 140 on ice cause he thinks he can. Or the usual moron in this province is a lifted (insert brand here) diesel with a big slip tank in the bed doing the same thing as the suv with his 35" plus mud terrains. Stupidity knows no bounds, and Edmonton like most any other city has no lack of stupid.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to get that sweet pow off your vehicle: Drive it!

Top Bottom