yep im new to this place need a helping hand finding places to ride

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im origionaly from halifax nova scotia and any time i wanted to ride my 1993 honda 30 4x4 all i had to do was leave my backyard and jump on the first trail i found. or fire the bike on the truck and run down the road and hit up the old railway tracks. but im not in the "sticks" anymore im living in the big city of edmonton where i look out my back yard window and all i can see is the old man doing his business in his back yard.(not the kind of thing you want to wake up to in the morrning), but more to the point i don't have a clue where to take my new(new to me) 1986 honda 3504x4. if anyone can help me out and tell me where some places to ride are and better yet how to get there i'd greatly appreachate it. and hey if you even want to meet up on the trail someday, me and the girl always like meeting new people. i was really hope to hit the trail this saturday but i din't have any luck finding directions anywhere on the net. thanks for all your help

a guy would do anyting for a case of beer and a pack of smoke while the hockey games on, he'd trade his wife to get them, he'd trade the yougsters eh bi, he'd even trade his quad for them...NO...NO...no what am i thinking he can't trade de Quad...bi's e gotta have his prioritys pretty screwed up ta do that.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a little bit of a drive (about 2 hrs) but if you come up here around the Rocky Mountain House area there is tons of great quading and trails of all kinds. Swampy muskeg, high mountian trails, nice scenic bush trails, the old abondonded rail line from here to Nordegg. Out west between here and Nordegg or southwest on hwy 752 there is all sorts of places to random camp close to the road and trails to explore the whole time you stay.
You would have about a 2hr drive to get here to town & then between 20min. & another hour or so southwest on hwy 752 or straight west on hwy 11.
If your'e thinking of coming up this way let me know and if i'm going out i could show you some trails or point you 2 the type of trail you want.
Happy trails man.
Hadley
hadster69@shaw.ca

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome fellow mainlander depending on where you live in edmonton there's a few spots you can check out.Redwater sand dunes 8km straight east of redwater,bruderhiem sand dunes is near the corner of hwy 38 and hwy 830 by vinca bridge,vega ridin area nw of the city,long island lake north of westlock, alberta beach area,edson and cadomin area.take a look around the site for directions.:beer::beer:

Senshi

Reaction score
Don't forget to try to the North of you up Hwy 2 to Athabasca and surrounding area. Lots of good lease roads to ride an ATV in the winter, but the sled trails could be a hic-up for the quad. Some sledders get a tad anal if the groomed sections get ripped up by ATVer's, but there are lots of places to ride.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey man...from halifax myself born and raised there for 16 years....Burton Ettinger elementary, Fairview Jr high then the West...been in alberta for 14 years now. There is a poker run at alberta beach on Feb 16th. I live out that way and we hit the trails every sunday...sometimes saturday too...we are not prejeduce we ride with sleds, quads and even dirtbikes with studded tires, usually have 6-12 machines.
Being as your a fellow bluenoser I'll even let you stage at my house...we ride right from the garage 2 rules bring your own gas, bring your own beer...good idea to have the machine legal but not 100% necessary as we stick mainly to the bush.
PM me if your interested...we're a 1/2 hour west of edmonton.

Bogger:beer:

Buddman27

Reaction score
Welcome to the West. It sometimes feels like there aren't many born and bred Albertans around here but I'm one. I recently moved to Fort Sask from the Olds Sundre area and have been riding at Bruderheim and Redwater around here. I am also looking to ride most weekends. I was thinking of heading out to Bruderheim on Friday and Saturday. It's a 20 min drive maybe from my house. There are directions on here somewhere to get there.
I am going to be riding the Alberta Beach rally on the long weekend in Feb.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Welcome to the West. It sometimes feels like there aren't many born and bred Albertans around here but I'm one. I recently moved to Fort Sask from the Olds Sundre area and have been riding at Bruderheim and Redwater around here. I am also looking to ride most weekends. I was thinking of heading out to Bruderheim on Friday and Saturday. It's a 20 min drive maybe from my house. There are directions on here somewhere to get there.
I am going to be riding the Alberta Beach rally on the long weekend in Feb.

I used to live in Lamont an we rode bruderhiem redwater all the time....they are nice areas just please make sure to take out what you take in...the place has become a dumping ground and we will lose our privilages...we used to camp there all the time and it would blow my mind the crap left behind by others...

Bogger

Buddman27

Reaction score
Yes I took a bag of "not my garbage" home with me just from the staging area last time I was there. Do you know if they have a scheduled cleanup weekend in the spring?? If not they should. Are there local ATV clubs in the area?
Thanks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yes I took a bag of "not my garbage" home with me just from the staging area last time I was there. Do you know if they have a scheduled cleanup weekend in the spring?? If not they should. Are there local ATV clubs in the area?
Thanks

I know there is the snow angles (????) sled club out there but nothing that I know of for ATV clubs....best bet for a spring clean-up is to post a request on here under it's own thread and ask people who ride the area to come out for a clean-up/ride day...I'd be up for a trip out to the old stompin ground for a clean-up day....at the end of the road past the scout camp there is that open sand field right by the ravine...lots of room for staging and open fire cook out.

Bogger

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks

several of the moderators ride the area and I know have organized a bit of a clean up in the past

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow that long weekend sounds like an awsome idea i like rideing in packs its way better i dont mind ridding with sleds they desirve to have a good time just like us on quads do. when i was in halifax i used to ride with a guy that drove a yamaha 200 big wheel if youve never seen one there an od machine basicly they are a dirt bike with quad tires surprising where he could take that thing. and i'd be willing to throw my hat in on a clean up at the bruderhim site ive seen a fue people saying about the state of the staging area there.

bogger i'll have to get in touch with you not quite sure how this site works yet but i think im gonna hit the trails with buddman on friday/saturday and if your gonna go on sunday that might be a plan also.

Top Bottom