Yellow

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a nice machine with a lot of work into it but 6g is a little steep but you never know, someone might buy it.

Ya i thought i would say 6 obo!! Start at 6 and go down from there!!

$5500? Like ch!t man i could have bought half of my turboed nytro with what a putting in it!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i thought i would say 6 obo!! Start at 6 and go down from there!!

$5500? Like ch!t man i could have bought half of my turboed nytro with what a putting in it!!

You'll never get out what you put in. Never. Biggest thing that will hurt you (and this might be a tough pill for you to swallow) is the fact that it is a mod sled. Once you mod it, you might as well keep it. No one wants to buy a used mod sled, the stigma around them is that it is being sold because it doesn't run well or its running really well, which means its about to blow up. :) No matter how much you tell someone it runs like a dream, most people want to pull the cord and ride, not mess with jets and compression, etc etc. So the only guys interested in mod sleds are other mod sledders. Also, someone buying it, has to really like the mods that you have done, otherwise its big $$$ to change them back to what they like/want, and a lot of mod sledders have their own preferences on how they like things.

Your sled in stock condition might be worth $2000, your modded sled probably won't sell for much more than $3000 IMO. You can start high, but be prepared to drop the price or hang onto it for a while. If someone offers you around $4K, I would take it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the truth. i have invested over 20,000 into some of my OLD machines. not just on performance mods. and not to mention MY TIME. i would never turn around and sell it for the 4500 that its worth. the time that went into it i may aswell keeep it.

take a look around on kijiiji or canadatrader.

" 40,000 invested rode once. my loss your gain 19,500"

apply that to your situation. just keep it

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a 1000 RT
Have put alot of money in it to keep it running and upgrading it.
about 22000.00 not counting broken parts and maintance
and now have a spare engine block and pot.

-MONEY PIT.:rant:

-but love it, handles Great like a dream.:d

-Could maybe sell it for 6800 or so:(

Attachments

• RT wrap 1.jpg
    RT wrap 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00853.JPG
    DSC00853.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll never get out what you put in. Never. Biggest thing that will hurt you (and this might be a tough pill for you to swallow) is the fact that it is a mod sled. Once you mod it, you might as well keep it. No one wants to buy a used mod sled, the stigma around them is that it is being sold because it doesn't run well or its running really well, which means its about to blow up. :) No matter how much you tell someone it runs like a dream, most people want to pull the cord and ride, not mess with jets and compression, etc etc. So the only guys interested in mod sleds are other mod sledders. Also, someone buying it, has to really like the mods that you have done, otherwise its big $$$ to change them back to what they like/want, and a lot of mod sledders have their own preferences on how they like things.

Your sled in stock condition might be worth $2000, your modded sled probably won't sell for much more than $3000 IMO. You can start high, but be prepared to drop the price or hang onto it for a while. If someone offers you around $4K, I would take it.

Yeah that is a sh**ty thing!:(
Well iam not going to give it away so if it doesn't sell i guess ill just have to live with it and keep it as a back up!!:(

thx:beer:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are correct. I use to work full time at a dealership just ripping out stereo's and all that stuff that people do to personalize a machine just to put them back to stock. Its not what you have to sell, its the mental block that buyers have when purchasing that you have to cater too.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the one on the right is Hagmanmod1's before the rock. lol The zx is an 01 with an ported RKt 827 with a crankshop single pipe and specialty can. Its a 159 to, i know it doesn't look that long. It also has pretty much anything that weighs anything pulled off of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom