Yay! I get to post here now!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just purchased my new 09 KX250F, it will be ready to pick up in just over a week!

With the last sled ride last weekend, I had to catch up to everyone else getting into the bike season. It's been a few years since I had a bike and wow, these new bikes are awesome. I really wanted to get a KTM, but couldn't turn down the price of this left over '09 KX.

Once I get it, I will be off to the track to break it in, then off to the trails! Gotta order a few fancy things being that its an MX bike that I will be using for mostly trail use.

Thanks for those who helped me on my search, I searched many forums and talked to many people before I figured out what would suit me. Even though I posted on the wrong forum in the beggining. :p

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Congrats on the new bike. Once you get it all legal for the bush, we'll have to get out for some rides. You might also want to look at joining the RMDRA. There next meeting is this coming Thursday here in Calgary. Nice club that organizes rides, trails, races, scrambles and more. They host guided member rides every Wednesday in McLean Creek. Membership is $40 and there's some cool people there. Maybe see you at the next meeting.

Here is the link to their website.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a pro screaming your 250F around motocross tracks, that Kawasaki is definately the better shoice for you. Perfect choice. You will definately not be disappointed.

Now all you have to do is post some pictures.

what plans do you have for mods?

welcome back to the dark-side!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, no Pro here, just an average rider who really missed having a bike. Been way too long. But I do love sledding as well.

I've done quite a bit of research on the Kawi's, seem any 4 thumper is a good choice these days.

I don't get to pick the bike up for atleast a week, gotta get it out of the warehouse and uncrate it, and the dealer is going to soften up the suspension to get the seat a little lower for me.

Basically I am only lookin at a nice skid plate, some rad guards and maybe some fork skins. Also got an idea for a lighting system. Rather than get involved in a new stator for power, gonna run a dual lens lithium LED system that I can remove easily if I want to ride at the track. Other than that, I am gonna ride it and go from there. Once its home, the pics will come. Its the first brand spankin new item I have purchased in quite some time.

Top Bottom