yamaha nytro slide wear problem

John Homola

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice. 2012 Yamaha Nytro xtx and have 760 miles on it. Just had to change hi fax again so on third set. The wear is in front of rear idler wheels in that stretch. Should I go to center hole in front straps and try that. I ordered marginal wheel kit from yamaha and it will work on rail but not where I need the extra pressure from the wheels. At first track was too tight on first set but did not see much improvement after adjusted track. I do like to run track a little loose but no flutter. Please help.

Last edited:

vip

Reaction score
yamaha has a new slider out for 144 and shorter call your dealer they are 120 canadian for the set but claim to have up to 5 x better wear in low snow

evil1

Reaction score
I installed super hyfax on mine,,a little pricey like 200$ but have not changed them since,,there awesome,,i'm running 162

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice. 2012 Yamaha Nytro xtx and have 760 miles on it. Just had to change hi fax again so on third set. The wear is in front of rear idler wheels in that stretch. Should I go to center hole in front straps and try that. I ordered marginal wheel kit from yamaha and it will work on rail but not where I need the extra pressure from the wheels. At first track was too tight on first set but did not see much improvement after adjusted track. I do like to run track a little loose but no flutter. Please help.
I have a s/c apex I rum my scratchers always on the trails and I have had very little wear. A friends nytro had the same problem and now he keeps his scratchers down all the time and it seemed to solve the problem, but yamahas are known for wearing out very fast.

mitty26

Reaction score
Yep me too, I got 1200 km on a 162 and am on my third set. First set of oem lasted the best so far, second set was a set of white Polaris and Only got about 400 km On them .

Top Bottom