Yamaha, dealers maybe going bye bye.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing Suzuki is going that rout also and other's will likely fallow.
How motorsport market is changing with consumers and purchasing.

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Interesting. I know every company has to make some tricky financial decisions to stay competitive, but you’ve gotta think they’re gonna lose some brand loyal customers over this:

1. That’s a big online purchase. It would make me nervous, both the money transfer part and the assurance that I’m actually buying from Yamaha.

2. Yamaha shops aren’t gonna be every 30 minutes down the road anymore for service or parts. It’ll be like buying a vehicle in our area. You don’t see many Honda’s, VW, Kia, etc. around because we’d have to drive an hour for recalls or service. Ya an hour isn’t that far, but if Ford, Chev, Dodge are on your back doorstep, which make are you buying?

3. Pretty weird feeling buying a bike without putting your hands or butt on it

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was sent to me by an acquaintance it's typical YouTube and Internet BS., you know FAKE.
Just posted it to feel some of the reactions, not much on this forum, unlike another LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a business model you are forced into when you don’t move enough units to support a dealer network. Polaris and skidoo won’t be doing that anytime soon but I could see an arctic cat doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That’s a business model you are forced into when you don’t move enough units to support a dealer network. Polaris and skidoo won’t be doing that anytime soon but I could see an arctic cat doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
the "spring check only" model that all manufacturers used for a few years was not far from this idea.

I could see it come for many, maybe have a few key "locations" where your machine would be shipped to for PDI and after sales services, but I could see it move to more online ordering.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of Bull ch!t and why would you even post this, cause it is not relavent to North America. This same guy is spreading this same story for all brands all over the net. I sure a company as big as Yamaha would have a public annoucement and would surley let there dealers know long before hand............LMAO

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM and FORD are looking at the same model dealers will be service center and pick up locations only like tesla
This was talked about for years with them.

Just having service centers.

Actually makes sense

Top Bottom