XP T Motion upgrade

King

Reaction score
Just put the T Motion, flex track and S-36 kit on my 09 Summit 800 163. What a difference, love it. Was debating getting a new sled but my Split Second 860 only has about 400km on it, with a dialed in clutch, so instead of "maybe getting $7000 for the 09 and having to put up another $8000 for a new Summit, I threw $2500 at the 09 and we shall see how she performs in the hills. Works great on the flatland, going to Mcbride in Jan so hoping for a smile then.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the t motion on my freeride last season and liked it. I have a 36" kit coming in the next week or so. Looking forward to it. I want a t3 but it is hard to get rid of a sled that has been great. Just need to make it easier ride for when I am tired at the end of the day.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 is 3" and has a few tweaks to everything else. Waiting to hear all the reports back about it - especially the 174. A few years ago 146 or 154 was big news...

King

Reaction score
That's for sure Marley, I remember when 136" was big news, lol. I thought I was king of the hill with a brand new 2000 ZX chasis 700 136". And come to think of it, for a stock sled it climbed pretty darn good.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same thinking ... why buy a new sled that has the exact same engine I already have??? no increase in power just the latest and greatest chassis . I think Im gonna big bore mine (12 Etec), I already got upgrade to 163" with t motion and save a big ol pile of cash OLA!!!

King

Reaction score
Nice, There are quite a few big bore kits out there, I am on my second Split Second 860 and I love them. Ralph builds the engine and dynos it so he has it dialed in before it leaves the shop. I am sure all the shops are similar though. He will also custom build your clutch for you and tune your exhaust for optimum midrange torque which is huge when pulling hills.

dogsledder

Reaction score
i was wondering if you put in the TMotion with your stock rear end or did you upgrade the long front shock or do the scissor bracket relocate before?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with a C3 post forward kit next, I did that this season and makes quite a difference in handling. ~$350 to my door and well worth it. I'm in the same boat, always considering upgrading to a XM, but every time I ride them I find they're heavy, boring and no noticeable improvement from my heavily upgraded XP that's worth a 1/3 the price... But still kicking around the idea of upgrading just for the fact to have a new machine and avoid any breakdowns (pull and go)...

King

Reaction score
Yup, new has its benefits, but they all break down. On my 6th Summit now and will probably buy another one. Going to wait until the next generation comes out and then upgrade. Until then the old SP will have suffice. Not that there is anything stock left on it except the seat. Lol

Top Bottom