XP Issues

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Buddy has an XP that is running fine except it will not rev over 8000 rpm wether on clicker 1 or 6. It recently got a new clutch and it has been gone through and checked over. Recently got a new coil and wires and plugs and belt. It just won't re much over 8000 rpm for some reason. We found today that there was a bunch of oil coming out of the exhaust manifold and upon further investigation found that a bolt was missing from the Y pipe and that a bunch of bolts were loose. I could see a bunch of the washers moving when the motor was running and a bit of smoke was coming out of the connection. I am thinking that this may have something to do with the motor not getting the rpm's. When we were looking at things we noticed that the stinger looked kind of weird. I turns out the stinger is home made from a honda car. I think that this also may have something to do with lack of performance. He got this sled used.
Thoughts?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
My Buddy has an XP that is running fine except it will not rev over 8000 rpm wether on clicker 1 or 6. It recently got a new clutch and it has been gone through and checked over. Recently got a new coil and wires and plugs and belt. It just won't re much over 8000 rpm for some reason. We found today that there was a bunch of oil coming out of the exhaust manifold and upon further investigation found that a bolt was missing from the Y pipe and that a bunch of bolts were loose. I could see a bunch of the washers moving when the motor was running and a bit of smoke was coming out of the connection. I am thinking that this may have something to do with the motor not getting the rpm's. When we were looking at things we noticed that the stinger looked kind of weird. I turns out the stinger is home made from a honda car. I think that this also may have something to do with lack of performance. He got this sled used.
Thoughts?

What year?? What kind of RPM are you shooting for? Shouldnt be over 8100-8200 rpm

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry... I left out a couple of things...lol. It is a 08 XP and he wants to get 8100 out of it I think or whatever they are supposed to work best at.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
800R runs best at 8250 on the digital. Y pipe coming loose was a common problem on the 08's. Will result in tuned pipe not charging the cylinders properly and thus running lean on the top end. (not good).
Put the stock muffler back on or get the best can out there.... A Neils performance can.... the outlet size is very important on the 800R.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the manifold bolts, find some Nord-Lock washers, I put those on last year, and no issues since. Here is a link to their site so you can see how they work.

Top Bottom