XP Driveshafts

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he gets paid that will cost doo a very large amount of money, due to all the heli rides that are going to happen this year.. CXause now everyone and there dog can heli there sled out if it dies and doo will have to pay for it if they pay for this one.... Man aint seen no pic's of any M's at the end of a heli rope...LOL...

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The warranty should be like on new trucks and cars, if it breaks down, you call roadside assistance and they come get the POS. If they did that, I bet they would be alot quicker in fixing these "non"-problems!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Man aint seen no pic's of any M's at the end of a heli rope...LOL...

HMMMMM, ASK OUR LEADER RON, OR SUMMIT, OR GERALD ABOUT THE M WITH THE BROKEN/SHEARED DRIVEAXLE..... THINK THEY WERE IMPRESSED HEADING BACK UP INTO RENSHAW AT MIDNITE TO TRY AND RETRIEVE THE M SLED??? SEE PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT A YEAR AGO..... THAT ONE COULDA BEEN CHOPPERED OUT, INSTEAD OF BENDING OTHER TUNNELS..... BETTER WATCH WHAT YA SAYIN'

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a loyal Doo rider but i don't seem to hear very much about M's with problems. I love my Rev and i have rode an XP, nothing short of amazing but i am starting to think the Cats have had the least amount of problems. If I am wrong please correct me.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a loyal Doo rider but i don't seem to hear very much about M's with problems. I love my Rev and i have rode an XP, nothing short of amazing but i am starting to think the Cats have had the least amount of problems. If I am wrong please correct me.
Number of problems per sled sold is the only way to tell. I'm guessing that there are a lot more XP's out there with a lot more significant changes than M sleds right now.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Number of problems per sled sold is the only way to tell. I'm guessing that there are a lot more XP's out there with a lot more significant changes than M sleds right now.
I agree with you. When I`m on the hill I see alot more XP`s than the others right now. I also think because the XP`s have been in the spot light this year that the others just can`t wait to jump all over it and put it down. There is alway first year problems and I knew that when I bought mine, but lucky for me I haven`t had anything major. I feel for the guys who broke down but I think it may also be the dealer set up too. I did lots of reading on the XP`s and learned what had to be done to my sled to make it run better, I wonder how many others did the same.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMMMMM, ASK OUR LEADER RON, OR SUMMIT, OR GERALD ABOUT THE M WITH THE BROKEN/SHEARED DRIVEAXLE..... THINK THEY WERE IMPRESSED HEADING BACK UP INTO RENSHAW AT MIDNITE TO TRY AND RETRIEVE THE M SLED??? SEE PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT A YEAR AGO..... THAT ONE COULDA BEEN CHOPPERED OUT, INSTEAD OF BENDING OTHER TUNNELS..... BETTER WATCH WHAT YA SAYIN'

Well there aint any where's near as many m's breakin as doo's.. In fact thats the first driveshaft issue i';ve heard of on an M.. The only real issue i've heard of is the d/drive on some... Next year it wont be hard to get an M1000 lighter than an Xp and still have it tough..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well doo is going to have to fix some sh*t for next year. For the fact that the M8 will be about the same weight as an xp was this year.. The Xp will weigh more next year cause it's a little weak this year.. If you ride it like a light weight sled it's not bad, but if you ride her hard like a ditch banger she'l-l bend.. Where as a cat you can ride her HARD and put her away wet and she'll just take it time and time again.. Next year should be a really competetive year.. Doo should've taken better advantage of this year when they had the chance...

Last edited by a moderator:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there aint any where's near as many m's breakin as doo's.. In fact thats the first driveshaft issue i';ve heard of on an M.. The only real issue i've heard of is the d/drive on some... Next year it wont be hard to get an M1000 lighter than an Xp and still have it tough..
I read about a few DD failing.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well doo is going to have to fix some sh*t for next year. For the fact that the M8 will be about the same weight as an xp was this year.. The Xp will weigh more next year cause it's a little weak this year.. If you ride it like a light weight sled it's not bad, but if you ride her hard like a ditch banger she'l-l bend.. Where as a cat you can ride her HARD and put her away wet and she'll just take it time and time again.. Next year should be a really competetive year.. Doo should've taken better advantage of this year when they had the chance...
I'd like to see that. They have the same materials(unless they want to start charging $25000.00 so they can build them out of titanium) and the same principals of engineering, so I can't imagine they'd be lighter AND stronger. hopefully both Polaris and Artic cat DO build better sleds than BRP, competition is good. Personally I'd like to see them perfect the sleds they have and keep the prices where they are or lower them. Let the regular guys buy stock and the rich guys spend their money on aftermarket stuff

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah. Actually cat has some cool stuff comin.. They will have the same electronic reverse as doo, cause doo's patent ran out.. There is an easy 20lb diet..They have a new track design for next year. Also there is well founded rumors of some new electronic goodies.. Like muliple maps in comp for diff applications as well as a possible map specifically for BOOST... You will be able to switch between these on the fly not have to go to a dealership... And a buddy of mine who's parents own a cat shop has told me that the M's should be about30-35lbs lighter than this year.. That will put it in at 490lbs dry, and still be able to be made lighter.. You will be able to make a naturally aspirated M1000 as light as an Xp this year with out alot of trouble.. And they aren't hard to get 200+hp out of without going to a turbo.... Watch out doo boys there some mean kitty goin to be prowlin around next year(stock)...Hahhahaha...LOL...lOL... Should be a really competitive year next year.. Lookin forward to the new sled show at the beginning of april...

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah. Actually cat has some cool stuff comin.. They will have the same electronic reverse as doo, cause doo's patent ran out.. There is an easy 20lb diet..They have a new track design for next year. Also there is well founded rumors of some new electronic goodies.. Like muliple maps in comp for diff applications as well as a possible map specifically for BOOST... You will be able to switch between these on the fly not have to go to a dealership... And a buddy of mine who's parents own a cat shop has told me that the M's should be about30-35lbs lighter than this year.. That will put it in at 490lbs dry, and still be able to be made lighter.. You will be able to make a naturally aspirated M1000 as light as an Xp this year with out alot of trouble.. And they aren't hard to get 200+hp out of without going to a turbo.... Watch out doo boys there some mean kitty goin to be prowlin around next year(stock)...Hahhahaha...LOL...lOL... Should be a really competitive year next year.. Lookin forward to the new sled show at the beginning of april...

You may want to start writing fiction novels.:D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to start writing fiction novels.:D

Ah each to there own i quess but we will see what is new come april 12 i guess eh.. But my info on whats coming out from cat is from a very reliable dealer that i've known for like 12yrs... But hey as long as a person likes what they're riding then right on, and hair straight back...

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah each to there own i quess but we will see what is new come april 12 i guess eh.. But my info on whats coming out from cat is from a very reliable dealer that i've known for like 12yrs... But hey as long as a person likes what they're riding then right on, and hair straight back...

I'm just having fun. Would be nice if cat got in the game weight wise.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just having fun. Would be nice if cat got in the game weight wise.

hey no prob, it's good to have some fun from time to time.. I give them yammy guys a hard time every now and again.. But they havnt really said anything since i posted a weight a nytro with supercharger and a holz rear susp.. It was 593lbs with no fuel..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But yah the M8 should be about 460-470lbs dry for "09 and the M1000 should be 480-490lbs dry...

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glengine, I gotta ride with you. You are the most optimistic cat rider I've ever heard. I've been riding doo and polaris for years, and most of my buddies ride cat. They are cat nuts, but they still trash talk their cats all the time.
We used to tease the cats about breaking chains, then they got the d/drive. Now we tease them about bending rails and wrecking skids (I actually wrecked my buddies '06 Crossfire, but I don't know how, I wasn't jumping, just climbing?).

I have had nothing but bad luck with cats, including my wifes last ZR (injector issues). I will admit that the m series performs awesome, but the guys I ride with are modifying them with turbos, nitrous, etc.

After loving my '05 Rev 800, this XP has been a dissappointment. The performance is great, but when I'm way, way back past premier range, or down in butterfly, or some other back 40, I like knowing I'll get home. I certainly don't feel I can depand on my new doo.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin Farm told me on Friday they have sold 200+ XPs and only had one drive shaft failure. Westlock said they have sold only a hand-ful of sleds and they have one driveshaft coming in this week. Riverside denies that this even happens at all (yet they'll weld it for $200, go figure).

I called a dealership in Washington. They said BRP is paying them to weld ther driveshafts, change the chain case bolts (selftaping ones strip out easily), change to 19/45 gearing, add weight to the primary, and do the usual heated grips/fuel tank updates (only if the s/n is prior the 1000 mark).

Why would a US dealer take care of all this and say they are being paid by BRP, yet I'm fighting for a simple answer on what is covered here in Canada. Man that cheeses me off.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah actually martin farm has sold over 400 sleds this year.. And grassland which is a fairly new dealer has sold 150+sleds... And i know that they have had a couple of them with issues..But i agree that it should be the same here in canada where the sleds are built as to the way they are in the states for warranty.. And i know that the guy that builds our turbo kits has had to fix several driveshafts...

Top Bottom