Xm or pro? Why

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the specific sled at Lindermans youre speaking of has a big bore on it, and probably controller issues, so lets not leave strategic issues out just to be able to brand bash OK....lots of guys running the Poos and not having any issues. I know of a couple PAR 910ès that will absolutely lay a smack down on any stock Doo and wont have a problem leaving the T3s behind either. If someone with minimal experience managed to make it to the top of that hill in your picture, I seriously doubt any capable rider with a Pro would not be able to toss it off the cornice also. Been at lots of the tops of hills with no one else around, I could toss up lots of pics and show you where the Doos are, down at the bottom....wayyyyyyy down. Could also omit specifics about amount of ponies under the hood too, so not a fair comparison by any stretch.

I was comparing stock to stock. I wasnt aware Jared had BBed his sure didnt seem like it was. He wasnt impressed.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Balance point on the flat ground is great but find it really tippy on sidehills it makes me have to be constantly adjusting my weight transfer not much but enough to keep the front from wanting to pull to the downslope. That being said I found it is easier to whip a 180 in the middle of a hill with my xm then my pro. I also don't like how big and bulky the front end on the pro is it still makes me feel like I'm riding a sled from the 90's where the doo I feel like I'm on a dirt bike.
Thats the chit there I knew it would happen just had to wait and wade through some Poo chit before we got there. Cheers I'm out time for Patron and Doolaide.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2013 I left 4 strokes and couldn't decide on which sled I wanted so I snowchecked both a pro and xm. I rode the pro one weekend. Doo the next. I decided and Sold the pro. It felt cheap, down on power. Rougher on the trail. Less capable in the deep due to me being 240lbs and the track is 15 wide. As far as reliability anyone I know who buys one blows up. I ride with Dusty a few times per season and his 2013 pro only lasted 1700 km and blew right after the warranty expired. And he maintains his and must be around 70 or so yrs old. Its not like that sled had seen 2 hr pow sessions at full throttle. IMO if you want longer term reliability skidoo or cat is the ticket.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys like to dominate some like to be dominated. Luckily there are different manufacturers of sleds out there to please just about everyone.

Because one guy or gal feels sled X does something particularly better than Y doesn't mean the next guy will. Rider ability, experience, age, shape size and commitment will always play a big role in what suits that person best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It truly is rider preference and I rode Polaris for years. The only reason I left the poo parade was reliability.... I like the way they look feel and handle BUT!!!!! I ride Skidoo now 163 and will never go back unless there is a game changer that lasts and even then it will be tough to swing me back.
If I was going buy a new Polaris I would wait till you hear the news about the engine like you hear about how good the Etec's are and that might be next year. If you want to buy this year and its new then Skidoo for sure.. you WONT be disappointed.

Rich

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a 2014-2015 what do you recommend and why?

should have enough info now lmfao cheers good luck with whatever you get. The end result will be the same you will be riding lol.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yuppppp

Attachments

• who rules the mountains.jpg
    who rules the mountains.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 244

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you believe that Doo riders are to cheap to pay the subscription fee to Snowest hence the low voter turnout?:shrug:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you believe that Doo riders are to cheap to pay the subscription fee to Snowest hence the low voter turnout?:shrug:

sounds legit. polaris are usually +-1.5k cheaper. leaves a guy some wiggle room in the wallet for useless chit like snowest memberships and 174x3 modifications. that said ever heard that saying you get what you pay for LOL.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds legit. polaris are usually +-1.5k cheaper. leaves a guy some wiggle room in the wallet for useless chit like snowest memberships and 174x3 modifications. that said ever heard that saying you get what you pay for LOL.

Speaking of useless chit, another post from the Doo Tard vice president . Keep swinging slugger, you're working hard to keep the forums even. Lol.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, cause ì quit visiting that site when they started charging cause I am to cheap to pay to read bull**** on the internet but did pay a little more for a doo.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You actually paid MORE for torsion springs? Ouch. Maybe next time the 90's calls and wants its suspension back you guys should return it. Newest track tech on the hill, wrapped around the oldest suspension tech.....kinda like one of these guys who puts really nice tires and rims and a body kit on a 1986 Corolla...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You actually paid MORE for torsion springs? Ouch. Maybe next time the 90's calls and wants its suspension back you guys should return it. Newest track tech on the hill, wrapped around the oldest suspension tech.....kinda like one of these guys who puts really nice tires and rims and a body kit on a 1986 Corolla...

Well that old suspension tech rides the smoothest soooooooo? Enjoy your new tech I guess. There is zero difference in technology from the manufacturers rear skids just different geometry and different shocks and a different way of arranging it. When there is no shocks or arms in the rear skid then we can talk about different technology

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that old suspension tech rides the smoothest soooooooo? Enjoy your new tech I guess. There is zero difference in technology from the manufacturers rear skids just different geometry and different shocks and a different way of arranging it. When there is no shocks or arms in the rear skid then we can talk about different technology

Sean that is the most loaded crap of a post I have seen you post in awhile.

Zero difference in technology yet different geometry and different shocks and ways of arranging it?

That is like saying the clean fire is the same as the etec but has different parts and different ways of arranging them. It is all different technology.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean that is the most loaded crap of a post I have seen you post in awhile.

Zero difference in technology yet different geometry and different shocks and ways of arranging it?

That is like saying the clean fire is the same as the etec but has different parts and different ways of arranging them. It is all different technology. Cleanfire is semi direct injection while the etec is direct injection. Completely different technologies you know this!

Uh no. Clean fire is basically fuel injection that's been around forever. Etec uses voice coils. THAT is a technological difference

Last edited:
Top Bottom