Xm or pro? Why

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They already did. It was called the "XP" and maxwell loved them. They were, without a doubt, one of the worst handling mountain sleds ever built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i guess if your a 80lb woman yes the xp might have been a bit much for you. which would actually make sense why you had such an issue with it. the other million of us with summit xps were getting around substantially better then the other 3 brands. sure it required a little more effort i guess? i dont think there is anywhere i cant put my xp that my xm can go?

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess if your a 80lb woman yes the xp might have been a bit much for you. which would actually make sense why you had such an issue with it. the other million of us with summit xps were getting around substantially better then the other 3 brands. sure it required a little more effort i guess? i dont think there is anywhere i cant put my xp that my xm can go?

That is funny stuff !! XP's weren't even in the same class as the Poo & Cat chassis', hence the reason Doo bandaided it with a floppy suspension and renamed it the XM. If it wasn't for the very sweet ETEC engine, Doo would still be further behind than they currently are.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread guys, but to be honest there all junk! but ski doo is the least junky haha!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is funny stuff !! XP's weren't even in the same class as the Poo & Cat chassis', hence the reason Doo bandaided it with a floppy suspension and renamed it the XM. If it wasn't for the very sweet ETEC engine, Doo would still be further behind than they currently are.

that floppy suspension is sweet BTW almost need a kickstand or she might fall over

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that floppy suspension is sweet BTW almost need a kickstand or she might fall over

I'll give you that. I think it would take a while for me to get used to. I found it very unpredictable in rutted-up climbs and I was constantly correcting. Had a very hard time getting it to precisely hold a line.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think the XP would get a little more love from the Poo faithful than it does. With the 50 lb weight reduction it had in 2008 it forced Polaris to re think there mountain sleds and develop an even lighter platform in the Pro? You guys have lived with the old 145hp 800 for years. Imagine having to ride the Dragon equally long? Food for thought.....:thumb::beer:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the XP would get a little more love from the Poo faithful than it does. With the 50 lb weight reduction it had in 2008 it forced Polaris to re think there mountain sleds and develop an even lighter platform in the Pro? You guys have lived with the old 145hp 800 for years. Imagine having to ride the Dragon equally long? Food for thought.....:thumb::beer:

I don't know, I found the IQ chassis (all years) much easier to ride than the XP.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that. I think it would take a while for me to get used to. I found it very unpredictable in rutted-up climbs and I was constantly correcting. Had a very hard time getting it to precisely hold a line.

yes. my first year on my 2011 i had the same issue when they narrowed it up. i was left and right and all over the place bent out of shape. the XM is similar. it takes a few rides to get comfortable on it and to realize it only takes small foot and hand input to make it do exactly what you want. VERY small movements and shifts in weight otherwise you will be tits up in the rhubarb

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, I find my Pro just as easy to initiate a manuever, but find it much more predictable and forgiving......and I still can't get past that goofy Doo steering !

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each there own HV, but the IQ is a dinosaur compared to the Pro.

Certainly. Wasn't comparing to the Pro but rather, the XP. The only thing I miss about my '06 900 RMK is the power/torque. Oh, and the fact that it gave me five seasons and over 4,500 miles of smiles and never got towed once.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell I feel with the limited time I have right now with running an OK Tire store and Parkland, sleds are supper busy and so is OK Tire. When I do have time to come on this site I seem to find alot of useless threads and the ones that start good turn to **** in a real hurry. My best bud rides a XP and just checked a T3 and I ride a pro but never had a argument about brands. He has broke **** and so have I, every XP or XM need clutch service at 500 miles and PRO and Dragons need pistons at 1500 to 2000 miles big fkn deal. They all have problems, I PREFER to ride a PRO its about what feels good to YOU. So that's it bud that's how I feel I my self haven't had a motor or anything go down In the mountains since my purple edge chassis with a 900 cat twin. There is no place a XM will go that a pro will not until the new T3. And if you think its because of the etec or the chassis than than you are not the smart young man I hold you to be. Anything with a 174x3 inch will preform well in deep snow.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man! these discussions go round and round and round and round

we need some new material boys..

Top Bottom