xm fire hazard recalls...hope you have insurance

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha... good one...i wont go pro either....ill stick with the rev xrs big bore and the turbo dragon for now save my hard earned cash.....maybe just a rmk or a 2012 doo with t motion added...we shall see.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imposible. you can pull that sensor out and ride all day.

its all over doo talk with pictures and it is one of the safety bulletins(should be a recall lol).....poor guys sled almost burnt to the ground, seeing is believing. go have a look for yourself.

im no mechanic...but im pretty sure the sensor is there for a reason:confused:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy cow teeroy check this out, if he was quick he could have pissed on it ....or used that new invention...lol :p

2013 ski doo summit x 800 FIRE - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums
I read all those threads back in january when the first reports of broken nipples came out. several broke before the first fire, I didn't see anywhere in any of them that it was a loose or missing exhaust sensor that caused the fire. I'm not sure why you are on here now starting threads when this issue was well known a long time ago. if you read through it, the guy that got his put out had 4 friends helping him shovel snow on it. I guess you missed the thread on here where the guy unloaded his from the back of his truck and fired it up, it started fire and burnt his garage too? you are not breaking any kind of news here, everyone that has an XM knows about the issue and had the recall done. this has been beat to death on all of the forums, HCS, snowest, dootalk, as well as here. not sure what your motivation is, the discussion has been well covered. but you go girl, get your concerns out....lol. maybe you could try the search feature, it should provide you with hours of reading on this very issue, along with some great bashing between the poo and doo faithful.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I I guess you missed the thread on here where the guy unloaded his from the back of his truck and fired it up, it started fire and burnt his garage too? .

Really? that would suck ass. wonder what kind of headace that would be with a recall and insurance.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? that would suck ass. wonder what kind of headace that would be with a recall and insurance.
I would bet that after finding out it was a manufacturer issue that warranted a recall that BRP would be on the hook for the damage, insurance would pay out then go after BRP. I don't think there was ever a post from the guy explaining how it all turned out.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read all those threads back in january when the first reports of broken nipples came out. several broke before the first fire, I didn't see anywhere in any of them that it was a loose or missing exhaust sensor that caused the fire. I'm not sure why you are on here now starting threads when this issue was well known a long time ago. if you read through it, the guy that got his put out had 4 friends helping him shovel snow on it. I guess you missed the thread on here where the guy unloaded his from the back of his truck and fired it up, it started fire and burnt his garage too? you are not breaking any kind of news here, everyone that has an XM knows about the issue and had the recall done. this has been beat to death on all of the forums, HCS, snowest, dootalk, as well as here. not sure what your motivation is, the discussion has been well covered. but you go girl, get your concerns out....lol. maybe you could try the search feature, it should provide you with hours of reading on this very issue, along with some great bashing between the poo and doo faithful.

always looking for info...when im looking to buying....i need all the info i can get so i dont dump my money into a lemon. but thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction. your bitterness is all i need... and the list of safety bulletins and 10000 plus recalls...mission successful.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my sensor fell out and the suitcase caught on fire. I guess the impossible happened. Should have bought a lotto ticket. LOL

sorry to see that on your new sled, i think you got off lucky compared to the total meltdowns ....go buy a lotto ticket today.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always looking for info...when im looking to buying....i need all the info i can get so i dont dump my money into a lemon. but thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction. your bitterness is all i need... and the list of safety bulletins and 10000 plus recalls...mission successful.
bitter...? no, wary of unfamiliar posters re-hashing the fuel line issue....yes. I ride with several XM's but don't own one. none of them had an issue with the nipple breaking but all were returned to the dealership and warranty recall performed. that certainly doesn't mean the issue didn't exist, I would not hesitate to purchase a 2014 XM or even a used 2013. 'Doo knocked it out of the park with the improvements over the XP.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bitter...? no, wary of unfamiliar posters re-hashing the fuel line issue....yes. I ride with several XM's but don't own one. none of them had an issue with the nipple breaking but all were returned to the dealership and warranty recall performed. that certainly doesn't mean the issue didn't exist, I would not hesitate to purchase a 2014 XM or even a used 2013. 'Doo knocked it out of the park with the improvements over the XP.

thanks for the info, however i live in canada and its a free speech country. im allowed to start a thread to get updated all by myself, and have had alot of nice comments, i drove the new xm twice this season and had one for three days in whistler in january. i enjoyed riding it, actually loved it but it left me stranded (i will leave that for another thread with your advice of course).

if i didnt start digging i would have not found anything out, like making sure my dragon had the piston fix kit or my xrs had the crank replaced before i bought, so again...i want pics and info....so i can catch up!!.

and just so you know i dont ride and wont be buying a pro

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, however i live in canada and its a free speech country. im allowed to start a thread to get updated all by myself, and have had alot of nice comments, i drove the new xm twice this season and had one for three days in whistler in january. i enjoyed riding it, actually loved it but it left me stranded (i will leave that for another thread with your advice of course).

if i didnt start digging i would have not found anything out, like making sure my dragon had the piston fix kit or my xrs had the crank replaced before i bought, so again...i want pics and info....so i can catch up!!.

and just so you know i dont ride and wont be buying a pro
the free speech thing works both ways. even if you aren't a dumbass, it's my right and priveledge to call you one if I choose. you either have to deal with it by ignoring the comments and moving on, or engage in a written verbal altercation which I happen to really enjoy. start as many threads as you want, asking as many questions that have been covered a hundred times. you will receive some solid info, as well as respnses from d!cks like me that tell you to stop cluttering up the site and use the search function.

there is nothing you can post asking about the XM that hasn't been covered somewhere on this fine forum, I guarantee it. everything from what can sounds best, to what kind of oil should you run. the 'doo guys are honest about the issues they have had and are willing to post about it. the pro comment is a bit of leftover venom from a hard winter of back and forth with the poo guys. it's all in fun, but some take it too seriously. I'm just having fun, but I can get under your skin real quick....lol.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
the free speech thing works both ways. even if you aren't a dumbass, it's my right and priveledge to call you one if I choose. you either have to deal with it by ignoring the comments and moving on, or engage in a written verbal altercation which I happen to really enjoy. start as many threads as you want, asking as many questions that have been covered a hundred times. you will receive some solid info, as well as respnses from d!cks like me that tell you to stop cluttering up the site and use the search function.

there is nothing you can post asking about the XM that hasn't been covered somewhere on this fine forum, I guarantee it. everything from what can sounds best, to what kind of oil should you run. the 'doo guys are honest about the issues they have had and are willing to post about it. the pro comment is a bit of leftover venom from a hard winter of back and forth with the poo guys. it's all in fun, but some take it too seriously. I'm just having fun, but I can get under your skin real quick....lol.

Best reply EVA! I'm LMFAO right now

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your telling me fuel was dumping out of that hole?
I think they are unrelated issues. I could see extremely hot gases and possibly some flame shooting out of that hole burning plastic etc. compund that with a fuel nipple deal and yeah, weenie roast.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they are unrelated issues. I could see extremely hot gases and possibly some flame shooting out of that hole burning plastic etc. compund that with a fuel nipple deal and yeah, weenie roast.

Absolutely. Vanessa's post was saying that the Etec flooded itself and spewed flaming gas out of the hole. Not happening. Reason one being that adding that much fuel at low rpm is well over the etecs computers operating perameters. An reason two is all of our exhaust sensors came out this year on our sleds and most of us never noticed until the evening. 5 sleds total

Top Bottom