XM Dislikes

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say this effects sp models only and is definitely an issue. NO problems with xmxbars.

My post and bars both a little wonky. Big rock, big crash. Not the machines fault, but the steering post and riser are not what I would call a great design.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re:track rubbing. Dudes. Its a 2.5 track. You have to tighten it up to spec. Esp. after the first 500km. You are complaining about non issues.

Re: brittle tmotion. A few had a bad weld. Thats what warranty is for. Not a design flaw. Betcha 30 out of 1000 did that and they all posted it here. But id love to see the numbers

Re: sag. Agree.

Re: warranty......could someone copy and paste the problems they see in the warranty? I cant find anything disagreeable on my brochure.

Ya I know its a 2.5" that the lug height its a 16" wide track and the tunnel is extremely narrow I ride the mountains every single sat-sun and sometimes fri-mon I tighten my track after every 3 rides its not a track adjustment issue this is not my first rodeo! Yes Brittle T-motion I was not the only guy to break the T-motion this year and I only weigh 165 lbs so weight is no issue in fact it was quite the common problem especially when using the sled like it should be used. Design flaw yes cause they seemed to make the bracket extremely thin and no support at all pretty bad when you can break the bracket with your two hands. And yes it almost left me stranded in Keystone so warranty covered the part but didn't cover the wrecked weekend or three weeks without the sled!

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I know its a 2.5" that the lug height its a 16" wide track and the tunnel is extremely narrow I ride the mountains every single sat-sun and sometimes fri-mon I tighten my track after every 3 rides its not a track adjustment issue this is not my first rodeo! Yes Brittle T-motion I was not the only guy to break the T-motion this year and I only weigh 165 lbs so weight is no issue in fact it was quite the common problem especially when using the sled like it should be used. Design flaw yes cause they seemed to make the bracket extremely thin and no support at all pretty bad when you can break the bracket with your two hands. And yes it almost left me stranded in Keystone so warranty covered the part but didn't cover the wrecked weekend or three weeks without the sled!

That sucks .

B-Mac

Reaction score
Hows the height of the handlebars? I'm 6"3 and am wondering if I'll need a bigger riser.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the height of the handlebars? I'm 6"3 and am wondering if I'll need a bigger riser.
I'm 6'3 and like the bars. Some shorter guys have said they are to high for them. To me they are perfect height. But everyone is different

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good height for riding, bit short for the trail in/out. I'm going to try the BRP adjustable riser.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Also 6'3" and I run a 10" riser, for the trail home primarily... Don't need it for most riding but After a long day, to ride whoops downhill on the way home out of forester or something, the riser makes it survivable.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how tall you are the factory riser is perfect height for technical riding. Anything taller will effect it's capabilities. But for the tall guys it is a stretch on the trails unfortunately so the adjustable riser would be nice.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how tall you are the factory riser is perfect height for technical riding. Anything taller will effect it's capabilities. But for the tall guys it is a stretch on the trails unfortunately so the adjustable riser would be nice.

And this from a guy who is like 7' tall, ps what do you know about technical riding? :rollinglaugh:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Huh ??? Ur a midget compard to me...

There is no way a stock riser is going to cut it for technical riding being humped over like Ur humping a money with a stock riser like us talk folks.

That's my opinion

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh ??? Ur a midget compard to me...

There is no way a stock riser is going to cut it for technical riding being humped over like Ur humping a money with a stock riser like us talk folks.

That's my opinion

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Just goes to show how much technical riding you do I guess. The shorter the riser the better. The only reason for a tall riser is for standing comfort on the trail. A short riser allows you to get your body closer to the sled in side hill off camber situations. It also allows you to right the sled into the hill easier in an off camber situation because your body is not leaning so much further into the downhill. Also in a steep climb your sled will stay flatter for longer before entering a wheelie (climb over)as your body weight is not concentrated further back. But rather lower and forward. Anyone who uses a taller than factory riser regardless of height is negatively effecting its handling characteristics. Except on the trail.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brett rasmussen likes super short handlebars so you are an idiot if you dont like super short handlebars. ;)

Bret Rasmussen has NO riser. A little extreme but what do I know he's Bret Rasmussen. Same as burandt. Lowest possible steering position possible. If it works for you having a tall riser that's great. But you can't argue the negative effects of it in certain situations. It's just basic geometry

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually dont have a problem with him at all. Ive heard hes one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. (ok, i have made some jokes about his age but thats all in good fun) Im more making fun of the whole sponsorship racket, and how people hang off of every single word he says. Every sponsored word.:p

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually dont have a problem with him at all. Ive heard hes one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. (ok, i have made some jokes about his age but thats all in good fun) Im more making fun of the whole sponsorship racket, and how people hang off of every single word he says. Every sponsored word.:p
I walked into a seminar he was putting on at the Puyallup show and just caught the Q&A session. The only questions were people asking exactly what boots he wore or so and so gear or so and so part on his sled. It was hilarious.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you know as I read the posts there really isn't anything to complain about. I guess skidoo has it working pretty good...They started in 08 and maybe they will keep this for a couple of years and they can start all over with a new designed sled.

B-Mac

Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs. I used a 2" riser on my dragon and found that to be much more comfortable all around than the stock height. I'm gonna look into an adjustable riser for the xm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom