XM Dislikes

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 XM coming and was wondering if there were any dislikes or I wish they could have done "this" better? I don't want to hear about Polaris/ Artic Cat/Yamaha is better and any other bashing dribble. This one goes to the XM riders. Thanks Rich

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have used a tether on the windshield when I was climbing, bailed, and lost it somewhere up in the pow.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That they didnt throw a turbo at it from the factory. Thanks to TSS and Xrated and Boondocker to name a few anything is possible :D:D:D.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of xrated, is his stuff ever coming to market or just gonna parade the prototype around?
That they didnt throw a turbo at it from the factory. Thanks to TSS and Xrated and Boondocker to name a few anything is possible :D:D:D.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shocks. They kinda suck unless you are in POW.

The handlebars. I think the lights and reverse are still on the way. And the grips are too short. My palms naturally rest on the curves of the 45 degree hook.

I think the wider Freeride boards should come on the summit too.

Rear bumper is really hard to grab with four hands when stuck.

Beep beep... Argh! Shut Up! *punch*

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steering post is frail, but I weigh 245 before gear, 6 pak, etc

I've reefed on that post and never broken one or bent one. Almost to the point I thought for sure it was going to bend. The post itself is strong but it rides in rubber bushings which gives it the feeling it's bending when your whaling on it.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
My main gripe (#1) and some small gripes not in any particular order:
1. The BRP 'bumper to bumper' warranty is useless. I don't know anyone who has been able to get something repaired under it, they classify everything as 'abuse' or 'normal wear'. If my top end pops at 2500km it's not covered. F*cking Ridiculous.

2. The handlebars have holes for the new mountain strap (which is awesome), but the holes introduce weak points in the bars and I've snapped a set already.
3. Trail manners on off-camber bumpy sections are bad... a trade off for the insane powder handling I suspect.
4. There's nowhere good to mount a go-pro to the hood or bumper. The XP's had much better look-back view points and square bumpers. I haven't found a good way to mount on the XM hood or odd shaped bumper yet.
5. I can often hear the track rubbing on the tunnel. Likely due to the T-motion.
6. Sag problem is even worse than the XP's. I've got a 4" sag with everything cranked right up and BRP says it's not a problem that my rear travel is reduced to 9" (from 13"). Thinking about applying an XP sag-reducer kit for this year cause I don't think anyone makes one for the XM's yet.
7. I am always helping others get un-stuck but no one can help me get unstuck... (cause they can't get to where I got stuck) - Not a complaint, just an observation.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of xrated, is his stuff ever coming to market or just gonna parade the prototype around?

Gone full production they have a shop in Edmonton. I have not had any time on it but hear good things. I will be looking at it when we go pick up the XM's when we get the call. I hope to try one out on our first ride this season mid Nov hopefully.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just like I thought Thanks Doug/ Owen/ Maxbell/ Snopro/ Older. looking forward to a new ride and not having any problems.... and Owen this year I will help get you out of those spots... thinking that the only diff from my upgraded 08 to this one is longer and better track... hmmm etec and gauges....hmmm and I guess everything else between the bumpers LOL soon boys very soon. So Owen you rode it hard? I didn't think it was sagging..... hmmm so really there isn't any issues except your rant..... just kidding Owen. Thanks Rich

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just like I thought Thanks Doug/ Owen/ Maxbell/ Snopro/ Older. looking forward to a new ride and not having any problems.... and Owen this year I will help get you out of those spots... thinking that the only diff from my upgraded 08 to this one is longer and better track... hmmm etec and gauges....hmmm and I guess everything else between the bumpers LOL soon boys very soon. So Owen you rode it hard? I didn't think it was sagging..... hmmm so really there isn't any issues except your rant..... just kidding Owen. Thanks Rich

Your 08 will feel like a gravel truck after riding an
Xm

Top Bottom