XM Dislikes

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like usual :)

I aggree with Maxwell tho, the lower the better for me too. and i run in line with post or maybe a hair towards me

I have a 12 inch rise total.

But it is from the center line back a touch.

Not the rise that so forward its not funny.

Just goes to show how much technical riding you do I guess. The shorter the riser the better. The only reason for a tall riser is for standing comfort on the trail. A short riser allows you to get your body closer to the sled in side hill off camber situations. It also allows you to right the sled into the hill easier in an off camber situation because your body is not leaning so much further into the downhill. Also in a steep climb your sled will stay flatter for longer before entering a wheelie (climb over)as your body weight is not concentrated further back. But rather lower and forward. Anyone who uses a taller than factory riser regardless of height is negatively effecting its handling characteristics. Except on the trail.

And like I stated my bars are up but back from stem center line.

If u were tall like me maxy the stock isn't enough.

For the trails. Kind of like the trails u ride oh famous on t.v maxy......

I also stand back on the boards more like u would on a rev. Still hate the xp foot wells and keep my feet out of them. So on a downward turn I bet its the same as a stock sled for weight forward ect.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 12 inch rise total.

But it is from the center line back a touch.

Not the rise that so forward its not funny.

And like I stated my bars are up but back from stem center line.

If u were tall like me maxy the stock isn't enough.

For the trails. Kind of like the trails u ride oh famous on t.v maxy......

I also stand back on the boards more like u would on a rev. Still hate the xp foot wells and keep my feet out of them. So on a downward turn I bet its the same as a stock sled for weight forward ect.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

I wish I was tall....and on tv :(

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed the adjustable riser for the tapered bars on my XMX. Its 1/2" lower than stock and 2" taller than stock. Its definately for tall people, and Not for those trying to emulate Rasmussen.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been reading some posts from some former cat m series guys that jumped to the xm and they are saying with handle bar adjustments it's easy to find yourself at home on this sled. That being said when I decide to buy a xm a few test rides and some adjustments I should have it dialed in and not have to worry about riding 1000 k before I get used to it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the height of the handlebars? I'm 6"3 and am wondering if I'll need a bigger riser.

6'2" here and I wanted at least a 2-3" riser then it would have been perfect for the trails. Didn't need much more for off trail if anything.

Last edited:

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flip the kill switch so it's on the bottom of the bars. Doo fixed the hole in the bar issue for 2014. No holes, they now clamp. Stock riser is perfect IMO. I'm 6'3". I would like the steering post more forward but it's not a show stopper. Same as the after market kits would be nice. I have my riser pushed forward so they are not inline with post .... to get the bars where i like them. Appartenty this negatively effects handling in some way that I have never really heard a good explanation for. Not sure what im missing. Maybe someone can enlighten me why I should spend $350 for the post forward kit. The rear sag drives me bonkers to look at but I can't complain about the function. It works.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flip the kill switch so it's on the bottom of the bars. Doo fixed the hole in the bar issue for 2014. No holes, they now clamp. Stock riser is perfect IMO. I'm 6'3". I would like the steering post more forward but it's not a show stopper. Same as the after market kits would be nice. I have my riser pushed forward so they are not inline with post .... to get the bars where i like them. Appartenty this negatively effects handling in some way that I have never really heard a good explanation for. Not sure what im missing. Maybe someone can enlighten me why I should spend $350 for the post forward kit. The rear sag drives me bonkers to look at but I can't complain about the function. It works.

You don't find with the bars forward past center theres a lot of negative feedback from your skis. Especially when playing In the trees on a set up type snow. Its more comfortable forward but less control when rip on it

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't find with the bars forward past center theres a lot of negative feedback from your skis. Especially when playing In the trees on a set up type snow. Its more comfortable forward but less control when rip on it

On set up snow I found this. A little more vertical in the post about an inch or so forward would work wonders IMO. In the pow it was fine.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't really think of any,the glove box should have a rubber seal on it .It doesnt keep the snow out.the suspension on my sp is way too soft.It really is a non issue in deep snow though.the XM is a sick sled!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't really think of any,the glove box should have a rubber seal on it .It doesnt keep the snow out.the suspension on my sp is way too soft.It really is a non issue in deep snow though.the XM is a sick sled!!!

Yes the "heated" glove box. Same here-needs a seal.
And the heavy hood/headlight/airbox assy. could use improvement.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed a fly kill switch day 1, after replacing a couple on previous models.It's recessed so no issues in upright position, also cheaper then replacing the stock switch.

Issues with bending the brake cover with the boot.. Carbon fibre cover would be an upgrade.

Only two small issues with this unreal sled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom