xm coolers

driller

Reaction score
How are the short coolers working out
do the t3's overheat or run hotter than the 14's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a crap shoot from different peeps? Some guys say they aren't heating up and some do. I'm thinking with poor snow conditions on most lower trails anything with a 2.5-3 inch track has got to be getting pretty warm.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your snowflap and scratchers no issues whatsoever. We removed our snow flaps and have only been having issues when doing single track whooped out trails where no snow has a chance to get on the coolers. But anywhere else no problems. Always runs 4 bars just like last years sleds

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues with my 163 T3. On harder snow it gets a little warmer but the scratchers keep it cool. My sliders are still in great shape too.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" track & scratchers and sled with full length cooler will run hotter than normal on hard packed trails... Install a thermostat and you will be drastically lower all the time in all conditions. The key is to keep a consistent speed to cycle air and whatever snow you can down the tunnel. Most times I get hot when I stop moving or a lot of stop starts on the trail, heat soaks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The factory scratchers aren't great. I would suggest replacing them with ice storm scratchers. You could have a 300" 6" lug track and those babies would keep it cool

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts can I find some of these ice storm scratchers? Cause my T3 over heats..... Preferably in the Revelstoke area thanks!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H20 has the rail ones, but not the ski ones

Been waiting to hear back from the guy Dan for the ski ones

Reaction score
H20 has the rail ones, but not the ski ones

Been waiting to hear back from the guy Dan for the ski ones

I just ordered a pair of ski mount ice storms, have not had the chance to use them yet. There are several sets on Ebay, right now, think I paid $60.

Top Bottom