wrap not sticking grrrr

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wrap isnt sticking worth crap. Anything a guy can put around the perimeter of it to keep it sealed to the body?

And here I was braggin that its np installing ha NOT

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe the plastic down with Alchohol?
Hicup..

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And nails.....didnt work :/

I was helping Mattmedic install a wrap on Jeepchics sled yesterday and they were sticking like S$!t to a wool blanket. very important to clean the surface before applying the wrap.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I agree. Mine was a bitch because it stuck so well. The surface has to be extremely clean

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was helping Mattmedic install a wrap on Jeepchics sled yesterday and they were sticking like S$!t to a wool blanket. very important to clean the surface before applying the wrap.

I had all the panels inside to stay warm and cleaned the CHIT outa them. I may have brought them out into the cool air too soon :/ NOT installed by me!

Ah well custom wrap next ha!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had all the panels inside to stay warm and cleaned the CHIT outa them. I may have brought them out into the cool air too soon :/ NOT installed by me!

Ah well custom wrap next ha!

I've been working on installing a wrap over the last week. Clean it good with Alcohol, and if you can get some rapid tac for them curves. Oh and don't forget about the heatgun.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been working on installing a wrap over the last week. Clean it good with Alcohol, and if you can get some rapid tac for them curves. Oh and don't forget about the heatgun.
I thought of rapid tac too but figured itd be aight, im going in on Tues to get me some rapid tac :)Thx EMAN!!!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to see if you can find some Rapid Prep as well. I'm surprised, it's not sticking after 4x with Alcohol. hmmm, did you throw some heat at it?
You bet, did everything I was trained to do back in my Autobody days. I think the edges may have been played with by a couple "certain children" prior to applying it ;)

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet, did everything I was trained to do back in my Autobody days. I think the edges may have been played with by a couple "certain children" prior to applying it ;)

Sounds like you have everything covered, clean really good with ISO and make sure both the vinyl and the sled are both warm. I just finished installing my wrap and it was the complete opposite, had to be super careful as the vinyl I was using would stick to everything as soon as it touched. Good luck!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to be super careful as the vinyl I was using would stick to everything as soon as it touched. Good luck!
Oh for sure, mine was as well, that's why im a bit confused as to why its now wanting to peel off in the cold.....Ima throw it back in the garage and re heat gun the bitz

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get it good and warm. maybe take a rubber roller to it and pray.. LOL

Oh for sure, mine was as well, that's why im a bit confused as to why its now wanting to peel off in the cold.....Ima throw it back in the garage and re heat gun the bitz

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh sure, now you did it. If Joey reads this he will start quoting the bible to you.
My favourite passage....hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 122

orange stealth

Reaction score
After you clean it with alcohol you have to wipe the alcohol scum off that it leaves. (Like when you clean your windows with glass cleaner) if you dont wipe it clean you get streaks! same thing. That's what is messing it up. I use Windex before applying decals. It has ammonia in it and cleans everything up pretty good. Use a soapy spray solution and soak your warm panels. Put wrap on and squeegee out fluid and follow up with the heat gun. Use the squeegee with the heat gun to stretch the warp around and to form the curves and you'll have yourself a solid wrap job.

Top Bottom