Wow

Shanerd

Reaction score
K....Bought an 08 Summit and took her out to Valemount last weekend....

I think this being only the 3rd thread posted say's it all....this thing ROCKS!!!!!!

Billy Goats got nothin on these things...WOW....what a rush.....:clap2:

Sorry to all the other brand owners, never rode em, but man, if they are even half as good as this thing congratulations:eek:

My wife will hate me but....:cigar: Yup....it's that good!!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:Welcome to the club!:beer:

I love mine the only thing its got is a can and a clutch kit. It goes places I shouldn't :eek:

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Ha you got that right i have crank shop pipe y pipe mbrp can v forse reed 2 x 2'' flow rites in the back of the air box joes mountion kit 15.3 gram in the hills on cliker 4 & 20.4 at 2300 feet on # 4 this time pulls hard stock jets are 490 make sure she is turn 8300 on the tack

Shanerd

Reaction score
Putin the BRP can on tomorrow....not sure if I will go with ceramic pipe yet...ran #4 on the clutch last weekend, seemed to pull real nice, (awsome really)...mountains again the second week of March...see how she does.:beer::beer:

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Putin the BRP can on tomorrow....not sure if I will go with ceramic pipe yet...ran #4 on the clutch last weekend, seemed to pull real nice, (awsome really)...mountains again the second week of March...see how she does.:beer::beer:

A clutch kit will give you more increase in track speed and response than the pipe will. Pipe is more of a weight loss thing. Can is good addition, huge weight loss.
In particular the 2008 stock clutching is pretty bad out of the box, and I recommend a DJ clutch kit with his Mtn ramps or at least with 2009/2010 stock ramps (441's).

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I would run them, I found they felt much better than the 2010 ramps at speeds under 80 km/hr, above that speed they are exactly the same. More of a dirtbike feel to them, easier to pop front end up if needed. Overall feels more spirited and gets power down a bit better. Most guys like them compared to the stock 2010's...I haven't heard anyone want to go back. For the price of them too, its great value for what you get out of it.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drop the hammer did you notice a big difference with your terra alps head?Are you just running high octane gas?Has your gas mileage gone for doggy doo doo?

Last edited by a moderator:

drop the hammer

Reaction score
drop the hammer did you notice a big difference with your terra alps head?Are you just running high octane gas?Has your gas mileage gone for doggy doo doo?

Powderslut, I sent you a pm. Yes - broader power curve of the new head makes tuning easier and more forgiving for varying snow conditions that i ride in. No on the race gas, just fresh premium pum in mtn use only though. Mileage did not change with head change. Better mileage was achieved with the DJ kit & ramps.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt a team clutch is less efficient than the stock secondary.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt a team clutch is less efficient than the stock secondary.

That was my thought exactly. The new team appears to be a major upgrade for the XP and should produce smother back shifting and ultimately more track speed. Any one running a new Team clutch on an XP??? Looking for some ones opinion.

Top Bottom