Buying Tips Needed Please (Newbie)

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like someone mentioned earlier, the girl ridden 08 is a pretty good sled for the money. Any one of them is probably not a bad sled for someone to get into the sport however since the 08 is the same chassis that your next sled will likely be, you may as well get learning to ride it sooner than later.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like someone mentioned earlier, the girl ridden 08 is a pretty good sled for the money. Any one of them is probably not a bad sled for someone to get into the sport however since the 08 is the same chassis that your next sled will likely be, you may as well get learning to ride it sooner than later.

ya you could throw a top end on that sled and grease the crank you would probly get another 2 seasons out of it and be on a newer chassis. not a bad idea.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know how you relate best selling to most volume. guess skoolin wasnt yer strong suit. 1 year of best selling mountain sled doesnt make the most volume on the hill.
Hmmmmm u dont know how i relate best selling and volume???? And i was an F student? Easy math maxwell,,,, but i guess at doo school they teach that the 2nd and sometimes 3rd best sellin mountain sled somehow equates too they have the "most sleds on the hill",,,, figures,,,,

Although my riding crew does seem to be primarily yellow :rolleyes:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of 07's and only some of the Snowcheck 08's had motor problems. They figured it out when the mainstream production line came out.

for the origional poster. there is one bad apple in the skidoo engine department, its the 2007-2008 skidoo 800r engine. going with an older 800HO will not give you any problems.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of those 4 I would get the 08 XP.
Check the runout on the crank, a buddy of mine bought the exact sled, and it had .009 runout. Bearings were purple.
Take it to a dealer if it checks out in your eyes, and get it inspected. The cost of that might save you a lot. Run the VIN for updates at the dealer too.

cooper

Reaction score
LOW km SUMMIT my o4 summit is just as much fun as my o8 summit not as fun as my 2011 summit bout that same as my 2010 m8. i would not get a high miler but thats me cash is hard to come by.

aspinajr

Reaction score
hey willy, which 04? there are 2 of them! the one with the mods or the fully stock one with low miles? thanks

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey willy, which 04? there are 2 of them! the one with the mods or the fully stock one with low miles? thanks

dont mind willy he doesnt count!!

but if it was me i would go for an xp if you look at the one on your list or something else for a beginner way better ride!!

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 07 if it has a new motor with a crank update. The other REV's are a great chassis and they were way ahead of their time. I have an 05 that I have ridden for 7 years now. One new top end but it has been a pull the rope and go sled since I got it. I ride with lots of people with new sleds, Pro's M8's XP's etc. I still keep up and go everywhere they do. The REV chassis is super fun and you will have a great time learning how to ride on it.

aspinajr

Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I GET! I will then start looking for other info seeing you guys are so helpful. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom