Any tips for getting back in the groove?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day all

I had some bad luck with my shoulders in 04/05. Took 3 seasons off to let them heal, because I was always popping them out riding. Had surgery on the one. Bought a brand new m8 in 08 and rode the mountains ALOT. Was starting to get my confidence level back up, then in the fall on 09, broke my leg, and couldn't even work till the spring. Ended up selling the sled.

Fast forward to last season I bought a new M8. Didn't get much for local snow and rode valemount forr a week. I SUCK. Stuck all the time. And I know I have the skills. I just cannot seem to get my confidence back over the leg break. It's always going through my mind.

It never seems to bug me on my outlander hauling ass in the valley here or on the river, but for some reason I have completely lost it with sleds.

I know more time behind the bars is likely the fix, but I did ride locally here a whole bunch and seemed fine when I was on a break from owning my own sleds.

Thoughts? Is this just a mind over matter thing?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time may be the only answer. I had a pretty serious motorcycle crash in 2007 with broken bones and road rash. I didn't touch one again until this last summer, and it felt really weird for the first while. That's the only answer I've got. :noidea:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you stated the problem already M8. lol..... just bugging you. but for real you just need more practice. three seasons without riding is a long time...I find i need a small learning curve just between trips in the same season. think about it on a three or four day trip your always most "In the Zone" on the third and fourth day. I always feel like a beginner on my first trip of the season till i get my mojo back....

Top Bottom