work ethics question....?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im in a bit of a delema.....

company im currently working for is good to work for but its really not working for me. considering looking elsewhere and i have been working here for a year.

NOW....end of this month the bonuses are coming out...and mine will be substantial....

do i quit before? after? wtf!!!

some have said that bonus is for your work performed in the previous fiscal year but i would still feel like a peice of chit taking it...

or do i wait it out a couple months after bonus time...

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're the one with the answer, follow your judgment.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

company im currently working for is good to work for but its really not working for me. considering looking elsewhere and i have been working here for a year.

NOW....end of this month the bonuses are coming out...and mine will be substantial....

some have said that bonus is for your work performed in the previous fiscal year but i would still feel like a peice of chit taking it...

What you should do, or what most people would do???

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been in the exact same spot.
morales are a bitch here dude. myself I waited and got the bonus and stuck around for what was only gonna be a few months. Then we hired a couple new guys that were alot of fun to work with. I ended up staying for another two years....
ya never know what the future holds but its not cool to burn bridges.
Is it the job or the people that you work with that you dont like? or both?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been in the exact same spot.
morales are a bitch here dude. myself I waited and got the bonus and stuck around for what was only gonna be a few months. Then we hired a couple new guys that were alot of fun to work with. I ended up staying for another two years....
ya never know what the future holds but its not cool to burn bridges.
Is it the job or the people that you work with that you dont like? or both?

basically its my schedule...there isnt one and im tired of not knowing whats going on and not being able to make plans. yes i know the oilpatch is like that but im not in the oilpatch. just construction in which we have schedules set out to the day and hour. so why cant i have that. poor company organization i supose. there is restructuring going on so maybe i will wait it out

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to do what's right for you in that particular situation.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem.Worked for the same company for 14 years,would have got a good bonus for being with them for 15 years.Half way through the year i decided to leave.What you do is up to you.If you feel like your work was worth the bonus stay and take it.If you dont leave now.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your bonus is based on your performance over the past year.....Why give it up? If it really bothers you, give them notice before you get the cheque and let them make the decision. If they have any integrity, they will give you what you've earned and wish you well, if not you miss out on the bonus but stick to your principles...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i like to think that though i lack good judgement in most of my life i have good work ethics.....that said, that bonus is yours and you worked for it, it is a percentage of the money YOU have earned for that company, especially seeing how you have only been there for a year i would wait and collect your bonus, after that be sure to give the courtesy of a 2 week notice before leaving but still look out for #1.

i consider myself a very loyal worker and will most likely work out my career as long as possible with the company i am with, but with my last company after 4 years i stayed for my bonus before giving proper notice......also remember that even though you receive that bonus, you are still giving up what ever bonus you have worked towards this fiscal year.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bonus is a compensatory "thank you" for work completed up until that point, something you worked for and deserve. I would have no problem taking it after expressing my desire to seek work elsewhere.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion if the bonus was for last years work then it's yours, take it and give your notice with a proper time frame.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you spoken with any of your bosses and mentioned you really would like to have a shift or schedule of some sort? not having any schedule sucks!
I had my own maintenance company in the patch for a few years and I gave it up and sold everything cuz i was sick of being at work all my weekends and stuff. now i work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. I make half the money i did but at least now i enjoy my life.... and i can book vacations and sled trips... a good schedule is an awesome thing to have Max.

Top Bottom