Word of caution

98sumitt

Reaction score
I live along a primary highway in central Alberta and had two guys drive into my farm yard in a Harley Davidson Ford pickup this afternoon. One of them came to the door and asked if I had any used batteries for recycling. At first I thought I did, and as soon as I told him so, he wanted to go over to my shop. I then remembered, that I had already taken it to the recyclers myself and told him so but he was in such a rush to go over to my shop that I actually wondered if he even heard me, but then they went tearing out of the yard.
Tried to get the license # but it, as usual, was the dirtiest part of the whole truck and couldn't read it.
Got to thinking soon after about how strange it was and called around to some of my neighbors along the highway but no one stopped at their place looking for batteries. So I am thinking they were "scoping out" my place to see if anyone was home cause my sled trailer was parked in front of my shop in full view of the highway.
So, as a word of reminder guys, keep everything out of sight if possible or "welded down" cause the clowns doing this s#$% may not always look like crooks at first glance.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. You need to be leary of Ford drivers as some of them are not honest. LOL. :d:d:d

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont you usually have to pay to recycle batteries? and if it was a legit company interested in recycling wouldnt they be driving a van or truck with some advertising on the side or a buisness name, not a harley ford truck?

My moto is " Dont advertise ", I dont even leave my garage door up for any longer than its needs to be to get something out or put something in, it amazing how many people drive by and scope what in there, heck I've done it myself out of curiosity.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dont you usually have to pay to recycle batteries? and if it was a legit company interested in recycling wouldnt they be driving a van or truck with some advertising on the side or a buisness name, not a harley ford truck?

My moto is " Dont advertise ", I dont even leave my garage door up for any longer than its needs to be to get something out or put something in, it amazing how many people drive by and scope what in there, heck I've done it myself out of curiosity.

You have to pay 5 dollar fee i believe when you buy a new battery.U get it back when you take your old one back.But there is a place somewhere in calgary that pays you for batteries. Not sure where or the name of it.Were i store my stuff at. There is a guy that brings wrote off cars and stores them there.He was taking all the batteries in for money.We had about 10 of them stacked up.I told him to take them. Then he told me he gets 5 bucks each for them at this place he didn't name......

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think general scrap is paying 4 or 5 bucks now as well for used batteries.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think general scrap is paying 4 or 5 bucks now as well for used batteries.

$4.00 is what general scrap is paying now..just took in a few and was plenteously surprised...cha ching..now i look for old batteries myself:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh u guys are getting screwed.... it 10.00 for batteries..... but if they pay u 4-5 they are makin major $$$$$$$$$$$$$

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We get all sorts of guy here in nisku looking for batteries. We ask for 9 bucks a pop, they dont seem to want them anymore..........lol

Hitchguy

Reaction score
where you getting $ 10 bucks for them?? I have a few I could take in :d:d$$$$

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to becareful hauling them suppose to have placards and such btu only if you get caught :d

Top Bottom