Reaction score
polaris2.jpg

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Skyboy, you do not need to be embarrassed about your lack of knowledge on sleds....this is a site that will help you learn...suck up to Bigfoot, he's our resident Polaris expert (plus he's a moderator so he will protect you).

that image resizer didnt work. it said that i cant upload that type of file. :(

And im very embarrased to say that I HAVE NO IDEA about sleds! i no next to nothing which is why i am asking for help.:eek: the sled says polaris indy on the side and im trying to upload pics so you can see for yourself.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude here, but that does not appear to be an '01 to me. Not quite sure if it's a 700 either?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude here, but that does not appear to be an '01 to me. Not quite sure if it's a 700 either?
Or a 128", looks like a 121. I think the SKS in the early-mid nineties had a 128" track, but I've been wrong before.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or a 128", looks like a 121. I think the SKS in the early-mid nineties had a 128" track, but I've been wrong before.

I think it was a 133.5" track you were thinking of. Not sure about this particular sled though. It's a 121" though clearly.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would post some more pics but im in the holiday inn for the leer reunion in rocky mountain house. And i wasnt lying i just told you guys what was told to me. judging by the pics what exactly is it? :confused:

p.s. thanks for the help it's greatly apreciated!:d

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id say its like a 94 ish, it doesn't have the extra ten suspension so it can't be newer than 95, looks almost like an old indy 500

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well like it says on my signature not bad! thats sounding like a good starter sled anyway.

im home from the reunion now so ill post some more pics.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like the 500cc fan cooled motor.. But i could be wrong.. It is definitely not a liquid cooled engine..

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That looks like the 500cc fan cooled motor.. But i could be wrong.. It is definitely not a liquid cooled engine..

nope thats the 440 im pretty sure, the 500 has a differnt pipe

EDIT- i guess it could be the 500 but i dont know, read the stam on the side of the block

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say you are right on the money PR... looks like the 1994 indy sport 440 fan cooled , 121 track. The sports were 440 fans and the trails were 488 fan in the early years and then on to liquid cooling.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are tight on the button there tab.. I remember now.. It's been a few years...LOL....

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked with the folks and now theyre thinking of moving to something newer and bigger. anyone sellin something around the 800 range preferably polaris let me know. thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try to find yourself a rmk 800.. In the edge chasis or a veritical escape.. They are good rides..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't sledded much before, you should ride that one for a season or two. If you are riding around home that'll be a good one to learn on. Thousands of people riding smaller sleds have the same smile on their faces at the end of the day that the guys riding big sleds have.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't sledded much before, you should ride that one for a season or two. If you are riding around home that'll be a good one to learn on. Thousands of people riding smaller sleds have the same smile on their faces at the end of the day that the guys riding big sleds have.

1116 posts and Mitch finally hits one........Good post.....and so true........... Summiteer is right.
p.s. some of their smiles are bigger and last longer than the guys riding the big sleds.

Top Bottom