Women's Gear??

aalina

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteapes.com
There is a good and a cheap stuff in the market for women. You can get it in any store near by you. Or an online store will be a good option.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always items for less but most gear you should really try it on that way if you pay more and it fits and protects what you need protected lol... To me that is worth every penny.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to find? I have read so many great reviews on CNP area and its now top of the list of place's to check out.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Hey! It's really easy to find! There are signs everywhere. The quad ride is a bit iffy at some points but I made it, so you should be fine! There is a staging area to unload then the ride is about and hour or so up and we spend about an hour looking around and having lunch etc then came back down. It's so awesome up there! So glad my boyfriend took me! I'm sure you'll like it too! :) We are going to Crowsnest this winter either me or my boyfriend, or both will post on here when we are going down and we should definetly hook up! I'd love to sled up there too!

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few chest protectors, but haven't found anything comfortable enough to wear on the hill yet. Tried the solid plastic roost deflector from Answer, supposed to be shaped for a woman, yeah right!!! With much modification it works for MX, but not with my jacket and other sled gear. Then an Alpine Stars flackjacket. Thought it would be good cause it had shaped boobie parts, but the shoulder pads dig in with my avy pack on, and because of the extra bulk in the shoulders, it really makes for a tight fit in the armpits of my jacket. I'm trying out a tek vest this year. It has shoulder plates for the pack to sit on, and you can shape it to fit your curves. I tried one on with gear and it was pretty comfy.

I have yet to hit my chest on my bars, but I know it 's bound to happen. I removed my mountain bars from both of my last sleds to cut down the risk of rib damage until I find a comfortable solution to the women's chest protector issue. I'll let you know how the tek vest rates :)

I have a bullet proof vest that I wear for work that works the same way as a chest protector (displaces the impact, etc) and worth a heck of a lot more than the chest protectors and is fitted for me so I think I'm going to try that out and see how that works out! :) Hopefully it does and I won't need the bullet proof aspect of the vest :p

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool I bet he is like a kid a Christmas waiting for his new ride lol! I ride lots in revy and sicamous my parents live there now so I always have a place to stay, I plan on riding more in vale and mcbride this yr. I have an 08 800 dragon.

Yes it was! He finally got it two days ago!! He was like a giddy school girl!! haha He took it out on our front lawn and there was barely any snow on the ground!! haha he is itching to go out! I'm originally from Nakusp, kinda near Revy. I have family friends there in Revy. We are planning a trip to Valemount in Dec, I have the dates at home, I think it's around Dec 16, 17 and 18. So one month from now!! You should come out!

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always items for less but most gear you should really try it on that way if you pay more and it fits and protects what you need protected lol... To me that is worth every penny.

Yes, I agree! It's expensive for a reason, cause it works! It's just going to take a little while to accumulate all of the proper gear needed!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was! He finally got it two days ago!! He was like a giddy school girl!! haha He took it out on our front lawn and there was barely any snow on the ground!! haha he is itching to go out! I'm originally from Nakusp, kinda near Revy. I have family friends there in Revy. We are planning a trip to Valemount in Dec, I have the dates at home, I think it's around Dec 16, 17 and 18. So one month from now!! You should come out!

Hum sounds good lets work on this!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AprilO...keep in mind there is lots of good used gear out there too. Lots of times barely used, it's just not the right gear or size perhaps for some peeps. I have a great set of HMK pants/jacket, size lg that's too big but hasn't even been off the hangers. Maybe toss up a thread about looking for used gear and your size...I bet there's some waiting for you somewhere. :)

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AprilO...keep in mind there is lots of good used gear out there too. Lots of times barely used, it's just not the right gear or size perhaps for some peeps. I have a great set of HMK pants/jacket, size lg that's too big but hasn't even been off the hangers. Maybe toss up a thread about looking for used gear and your size...I bet there's some waiting for you somewhere. :)

Hey! Great idea! I am a size small and xs in the pants. I tried Klim stuff on at our dealership and I'm leaning towards that. My boyfriend is going to get me the Klim jacket for Christmas so that'll help out. Already bought an avalance pack so we're all good in that department! :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Def a strong supporter of klim gear as well. I have the ladies insulated jacket as i also run on the colder side most the time. Its fantastic, u can layer up or just have it and minimal layers. The klim system is warm, waterproof, and never let me down. If you buy into it, like the layers, it really works. I already owned underarmor insulated base layers so I only purchased the klim mid layers, cant imagine riding without em. The fleece vest is awesome too, i keep it in my sled seat so when we come out after dark or if something happens, I got backup warmth. The gloves are comfortable, durable, and warm also. And im not a glove person! My fingers freeeeeze in gloves. So obviously theres also a pair of mitts in my seat for the ride out :p but all day i love my klim. Pants I've always worn snowboard ones, but I have some hmk ones coming to try out. Personally I didnt like the boots, I froze in them (even with wool socks) but gave em to my mom. she's 1/2-1 sz smaller than i am, wears em with wool socks and shes never had feet so warm, and shes not an active sledder (sit and watch) so I know they work. The narrow wasnt near as comfortorable, nor the warmth quality im used to with my snowboard boots. So i still rock those. But I know several very happy klim boot wearers, you just have to wear wool OR klim's socks. Both work well with the boot.

Chest protection.. well i'm still contemplating that one. My brother suggested the tech vest, I might try it. So far its just fox knee pads (<3 there a dream) and my snowpulse avy bag.

Hope this helps! Look forward to seein you on the mountain!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the klim womens un-insulated jacket (womens alpine parka) ? I need a lighter jacket in the warmer weather, as Im starting to ride more agressively and severly over-heating in the womens allure! Love klim gear so more than willing to drop the $$ for it. Its been reliable warm and kept me dry from the get go.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I have it. I wear it when it's really cold too. Usually a base layer, then a mid layer, then the jacket, and the vents are great to regulate tempurature between the trail and more agressive riding. I had the Allure jacket when I rode with you last year Heather, only I seam ripped it apart and removed all the insulation. I'm still wearing the men's Freeride pants, until Klim makes an uninsulated pant (not bib) for us ladies :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really? didnt look like it haha i was gonna msg and ask which one u had cause i liked it. Excellent to hear about the alpine parka though, here's hoping i can obtain one on wednesday! Yea im still rockin half pants too, not sure im ready for uninsulated half pants yet tho :p

jevs28

Reaction score
womens gear, in my opinion, are not made as durable as mens. i have the togotee klim bib pants in a mens medium and they work awesome. i would rip through the womens in one season. im hard on gear! my jacket is actually a skidoo one. even tho i have a poo, it works good, doesnt get wet, and i fully recommend just getting the shell jacket so you can stuff it full of sweaters or just a t-shirt. my man has the new motofist coat, and he loves it.stays dry, nice looking and its different. everyone has klim.

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few chest protectors, but haven't found anything comfortable enough to wear on the hill yet. Tried the solid plastic roost deflector from Answer, supposed to be shaped for a woman, yeah right!!! With much modification it works for MX, but not with my jacket and other sled gear. Then an Alpine Stars flackjacket. Thought it would be good cause it had shaped boobie parts, but the shoulder pads dig in with my avy pack on, and because of the extra bulk in the shoulders, it really makes for a tight fit in the armpits of my jacket. I'm trying out a tek vest this year. It has shoulder plates for the pack to sit on, and you can shape it to fit your curves. I tried one on with gear and it was pretty comfy.

I have yet to hit my chest on my bars, but I know it 's bound to happen. I removed my mountain bars from both of my last sleds to cut down the risk of rib damage until I find a comfortable solution to the women's chest protector issue. I'll let you know how the tek vest rates :)

Reading up on gear ... My fingers are crossed that my Cat gear still fits me - but am also looking around for other gear. Looks like Klim gear is highly recommended!

Powder pilot: Did you leave a rating for your experience with the tek vest?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading up on gear ... My fingers are crossed that my Cat gear still fits me - but am also looking around for other gear. Looks like Klim gear is highly recommended!

Powder pilot: Did you leave a rating for your experience with the tek vest?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Love my Klim gear! My pants are not bulky....they are long enough......and the crotchal area of the pants is actually at my own crotchal area! :headbanger:I did kinda have my doubts when I bought my Powerxross gloves last fall but they are awesome! Dry hands all day! :d

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got myself a set of Klim gear for this season. Super excited, was AMAZED at how everything fit. I ordered the longs but even the women's jacket was perfectly shaped! articulated so that it could have a women's cut but not hinder your movement and nice long sleeves!! The alpine parka is purple is so nicely feminine but NOT pink which I was happy to see. Rocking the Freeride pants since I'm just not into insulated or bibs.... but I think the men's still look better on me than other gear I've tried in the past! Plan on doing the black pant and dressing up the top with different jersey's or my stylish alpine parka!

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She bought MotorFist. She is kind of a big deal.....

Mona.jpg

I would check out the Empress line from MF ladies!!

Top Bottom