Sunglasses

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking for sunglasses (more importantly a lense) that works well in flat light during winter. Lots of options when it comes to goggles but having a hard time with sunglasses.
Had a pair of Oakley with the old green/pink style prizm lens that I ended up losing, having a hard time finding that lense in a frame I like as it seems to be phased out. Also own other oakley, spy, electric, maui jim, ray ban sunglasses but all their low light lenses seem to be brown based which I don't want.
Would like something in the mid price range as I seem to lose my fair share of sunglasses but open to any suggestions

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your eyes this is not a one size fits all, blue, yellow, orange are all options cheap safety glasses are a good way to figure out which is likely going to work for you.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue would be a nice option, but a lot of lenses are only blue on the outside and are grey based when looking through them. I have orange which is ok but is a darker shade. Persimmon may be ideal but like mentioned, much easier to find as a goggle than sunglasses.
I can't bring myself to wear goggles or pit vipers while driving quite yet haha

This probably seems high maintenance or douchey, but I have an eye disease that makes my eyes quite sensitive or perceptive to light and I've tried and bought so many sunglasses to see if I can find things that "work"

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done this with my orange pair, just with the options i choose was seeing if there is something similar less than $270 as I seem to be "misplacing" prone

I hear yah, my last pair of Oakley sunglasses got lost in the ocean in the Dominican.

But I bought them because I was sick of buying a bunch of $50 glasses that were junk.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always go with red for flat light days, preferably about the brightest (highest light transmission) red I can get.

Jobu

Reaction score

A friend was just telling me about this brand, he's really impressed with them so far. They offer lost/scratch replacement for a small fee and way cheaper than Oakleys. I haven't tried them yet but he's been raving about them.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running heatwave visual glasses for a couple years now. check em out.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started running gas station shades when i figured out not 1 person was ever impressed by 300$ sun glasses lol

I’ve might have one even better than gas station glasses. Go to your eye doctor ask for a prescription. Likey anyone over 25 could use a slight prescription. Get sunnies on your and your spouses health benefits.

I use Bonlook. I can get one pair of polarized and one regular pair on the allowed amount for glasses. So basically a pair a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve might have one even better than gas station glasses. Go to your eye doctor ask for a prescription. Likey anyone over 25 could use a slight prescription. Get sunnies on your and your spouses health benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent been to a doctor in 10 years, hoping to go another 10 years at least. Other wise sounds like a solid plan.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley VR28 polarized until they discontinued them.
These are what I have now and they are pretty decent in low light: https://www.oakley.com/en-ca/product/W0OO9417?variant=888392336491&size=XL
I buy once cry once on sunglasses/goggles but I have pretty good luck taking care of them and usually get 5 years out of a pair. The last ones lasted so well I actually replaced the lenses in them as the frames were still good.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A friend was just telling me about this brand, he's really impressed with them so far. They offer lost/scratch replacement for a small fee and way cheaper than Oakleys. I haven't tried them yet but he's been raving about them.

Their ok. I’ve had a few pairs.

They only had a few frame shapes. Lots of lens and frame colour options but I think all the lenses were a grey or brown base Colour.

I had some replaced also. Need to do a claim again though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 67

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They’re rather gay looking but pit viper may have something in that color
I have a pair of vipers with a prescription insert and yes they look stupid but the lenses are really good and they fit in my mtb helmet. They're Not a low light color but there is that option. Good option for $100

Smith is another stand out for glasses, I wear a pair with prescription all day.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serengeti photo chromatic lenses, will vary 20% depending on light conditions, can get polarized or non (pilot lenses so instruments don’t distort color)

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to the local industrial supply and buy tinted safety glasses. They have actually been the best ones i have found and at a few $$ a pc if i loose or break no big deal. Every place around me that sell them all look like the heigh end safety glasses and not the old school stuff that our shop teacher used to wear..LOL

Top Bottom