Women's Gear??

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading up on gear ... My fingers are crossed that my Cat gear still fits me - but am also looking around for other gear. Looks like Klim gear is highly recommended!

Powder pilot: Did you leave a rating for your experience with the tek vest?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm a no go on the Tek Vest. I don't know what the deal is with it, but it gives me pain in my lower back. The first time I wore it I ended up on a rescue mission, so I thought the pain was from pulling sleds. I felt like I got kicked in the kidneys. The second time I felt the familiar pain creeping up about half way into my ride, so I took it off... I might try it again one more time and see if I can get used to it.

On a side note I did break a rib this year. Not from impact, but it was the worst injury I have had by far! The Tek Vest might have prevented it.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the EVS chest protector. NOT their sledding one, their cheaper one,made for dirt. i got a nicer version this year and will wear it for dirt then take the shoulder pads and back pad off this winter and just wear the chest pad for winter. Don't need all that other stuff with a backcountry back pack on! I LOVE my EVS chest protector and I went ROUNDS with some of the other ones out there on the market!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the EVS chest protector too!! Sadly they only make it for youth and men, and I'm in between those sizes :( Someone should get on them to make a ladies version...

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amy, I have the contact info of the women I got my EVS protector from... I'm going to just email her this link outta the blue... Ha! Hey, I get spam from companies sometimes, why not send them spam?! ;)

BUT, just to clarify... which EVS protector did you like? the one they made for snow or one of the ones they make for dirt? I'm more of a minimalist so I like the ones they made for snow (plus with the combined women's MX market we might stand a chance of getting a women's specific chest protector...)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the EVS chest protector. NOT their sledding one, their cheaper one,made for dirt. i got a nicer version this year and will wear it for dirt then take the shoulder pads and back pad off this winter and just wear the chest pad for winter. Don't need all that other stuff with a backcountry back pack on! I LOVE my EVS chest protector and I went ROUNDS with some of the other ones out there on the market!

Any chance we could see it on you Em? :D

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with clothing or without!??! HAHAHAHA, just kidding, feeling feisty!

Working out of town and... wait!!! i sold my old protector to a GF and she has a pic of her wearing it on FB!! I got a new one that will work better for dirt and then I will take out the shoulder and back pads for snow...

one of the things I HATE about snow chest protectors is that they have SOOO much to them! I ALWAYS wear a pack with a shovel in it -that's all the back protection I need right there! and I DON'T need warmth, I have layers and a coat for that!

ok, to find the FB pic

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, can't see it :(

I don't like how alot of them feel either...too much going on, especially being short-waisted...well, short overall. :p
And I hate chit too close around my neck like some have...real curious to see some on people and get the visual of how they fit.

If you get a chance to post a pic later, that'd be great...and how about we go without clothes this time, just to liven up the forum. ;)

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
384333_3604910322015_1839301013_n.jpg
try this??

The title of the pic was GARAGE SALE!!! She was stoked, chest protector, boots and knee guards all recently bought this summer so she's ready to ROCK!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao...she looks ready to Rock!

It does look minimal...and not confining, like it. :) What size was that one? I'm kinda in the same boat as Amy...sizing is tough to find that fits right. But I am NOT going without chest protection any longer so I have to find one that I will actually wear and not leave in the truck.

Thanks Em!

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, that would be like the revo 4. I got the F2 and the shoulder pads and back piece easily come off! so that it's JUST the chest portion. it's more rigid but still fairly minimalistic if you take off all that extra stuff. i think i usually order a large, will have to look when I get home... If I was JUST getting one for sledding I might still choose the revo 4 or the F1 roost guard (and at that price you can afford to just try it rather than some of the other chest protectors out there at put you debt for the winter to have a bunch of stuff you don't need, extra protection and extra warmth!)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the one in the photo. Super comfy!! It has a back plate I believe, but it comes off. The only thing is the parts near the armpits dig in with a pack on, I would just trim it down... Always modifying LOL. And of course the size issue :(

Thanks for sending this on to EVS, because someone NEEDS to make us a women-friendly version of a chest protector, and so far they are the closest IMO. Really, they could just make a size between youth and men's...

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amy, we'll link up this winter and see if the one I currently have might not be adjustable enough to make up that size difference you're talking about... It's more adjustable than that one!!

Top Bottom