Women's Gear??

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!! I am on the hunt... the hunt for women's gear. A jacket and pants for sledding this winter. Does anyone have any preferences/suggestions? I'm looking for something warm and waterproof and if at all possible... pink! I've looked at motorfist but do not like the little design on the jacket and pants. Also looked at Klim which I quite like but need some first hand experience! Help!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you... I were fxr jacket and icon racing pants as they come long for my 6' frame lol and hmk boots love them. I have an icon racing women's body armor is a must as well I have a bca avi backpack if not the hmk backpacks are great but not avi packs hope this helps! Pm me some time lets chat:)

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!! I am on the hunt... the hunt for women's gear. A jacket and pants for sledding this winter. Does anyone have any preferences/suggestions? I'm looking for something warm and waterproof and if at all possible... pink! I've looked at motorfist but do not like the little design on the jacket and pants. Also looked at Klim which I quite like but need some first hand experience! Help!!

I made the switch to Klim gear 2 years ago. I have been happy with it. Never cold or wet. I bought the women's line which is all insulated. I am fine with it as I tend to run on the cold side all of the time (even when not sledding). I like the bibs since they have a drop seat. This year Klim does have uninsulated women's gear but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I did buy Klim boots. I did struggle to keep my feet warm until I switch to all wool socks. Since then, I have nice & warm toes. I like how narrow they are as they fit really nice on my ProRMK boards. I also have Klim middle layer for REALLY cold days. This is also nice to have for hitting a restaurant/pub after riding since I don't have to change.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Klim rocks!!!! I was always a gore-tex girl in the snowboarding days (North Face) but it doesn't hold up to sledding. They have sizes from Xs - 2XL, and also come in tall.

The new uninsulated bibs don't have a drop seat. I wear the men's freeride pants, and love them. I didn't like the high waist at first, but I got used to it, and it keeps the snow off my back. I also like how the men's pants are spacious throughout the knees, gives lots of room for knee pads, and still leaves room for movement. The ladies bibs are quite narrow through the legs, but they come with knee pads built in. If you're any taller than 5'5", I'd suggest getting the men's pants in a tall size, the huge rise makes the legs shorter than the size chart says.

The pink jacket is insulated. The new uninsulated jacket only comes in black, silver, and plum colour.

You won't be disspaointed with Klim. It's the only gear I've had that's made it through an entire season without getting shredded, and keeps me warm and dry.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips! I have a down filled Columbia jacket and snowboarding pants that I am gonna try out for a few rides and see how it stands up. I am really looking towards Klim! I am only 5'2" so the ladies Klim pants should do just fine for me. Do you also wear a chest protector? I've gone into the handle bars more than once and am really contemplating protecting the ladies!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you should i broke my ribs a few years ago not fun. There are many kinds 661, tech vest check motocross gear mine is from icon racing.

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips! I have a down filled Columbia jacket and snowboarding pants that I am gonna try out for a few rides and see how it stands up. I am really looking towards Klim! I am only 5'2" so the ladies Klim pants should do just fine for me. Do you also wear a chest protector? I've gone into the handle bars more than once and am really contemplating protecting the ladies!!

I just purchased a Diva Gear tek vest. You can get regular Tek vests from Klim also. I did try a 661 vest but didn't like it for sledding. I do wear it for quading. The one I picked didn't allow for enough arm movement. The Tek vest is alot better. I got tossed from my sled a couple of years ago and shattered my collar bone. Wished I had a vest on that day.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup wear a protective vest. I wear a motocross style Thor vest has saved my bacon many times. I did break a rib a few years ago and it was just a minor little roll over. Happens fast. I'm going to be trying a few other types as well. I enjoy hearing everyones feed back as to what fits comfortable or not.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few chest protectors, but haven't found anything comfortable enough to wear on the hill yet. Tried the solid plastic roost deflector from Answer, supposed to be shaped for a woman, yeah right!!! With much modification it works for MX, but not with my jacket and other sled gear. Then an Alpine Stars flackjacket. Thought it would be good cause it had shaped boobie parts, but the shoulder pads dig in with my avy pack on, and because of the extra bulk in the shoulders, it really makes for a tight fit in the armpits of my jacket. I'm trying out a tek vest this year. It has shoulder plates for the pack to sit on, and you can shape it to fit your curves. I tried one on with gear and it was pretty comfy.

I have yet to hit my chest on my bars, but I know it 's bound to happen. I removed my mountain bars from both of my last sleds to cut down the risk of rib damage until I find a comfortable solution to the women's chest protector issue. I'll let you know how the tek vest rates :)

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back ladies! When I was 22 I lived in the Yukon and went sledding in Alaska about 3 times a month! It was awesome and fun and I threw caution to the wind and never had the backpacks or the chest protectors or anything of the sorts... Now I'm a bit older and a lot wiser and am worried about these things! I do appriciate all the advice and help! :)

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where in the yukon and how long ago. I have a very very good friend in dawson. She has been there 6 or 7 years now. And its so small if u were there I bet u would know her?!? Danielle is her name Mike is her man..... Next year we plan on doing the Alaskan cruise. Have heard soo many good things about Alaska!! Good luck on the gear hunting!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Whitehorse for a year. I never went up to Dawson so I probably wouldn't know them :( Yes, the Yukon and Alaska is AMAZING! I recommend it to everyone at any time of the year! You will have a fabulous trip!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I threw caution to the wind and never had the backpacks or the chest protectors or anything of the sorts... Now I'm a bit older and a lot wiser and am worried about these things! I do appriciate all the advice and help! :)

lol! so what you you and your boyfriend ride? where do you like to ride?

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Corrisa :)

I have a 2007 Skidoo Summit 800 and he has a 2012 Skidoo Summit 800 just waiting to get it in from the dealership! It's his first season sledding so it will be interesting! I've always went up north in the Yukon and Alaska so I haven't really ridden a lot down south. We also quad I have a 2006 Suzuki Vinson 500 and he has a 2011 Canam 800. We went quadding a lot this year, a lot around Rocky Mountain House, Crowsnest Pass and just around Edmonton. How about you?

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should try and hook up sledding this winter. We ride lots around the Crowsnest Pass area (both sledding & quading). There are lots a great areas there. We have good friends that live there and have ridden for 30 years so know all of the "cool" spots.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that definetly would be awesome!! We went quadding there for almost a week this summer, went up to the plane crash site, not sure if you've been there or not but its an AMAZING quad ride up!!

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that definetly would be awesome!! We went quadding there for almost a week this summer, went up to the plane crash site, not sure if you've been there or not but its an AMAZING quad ride up!!

How hard is it to find? I have read so many great reviews on CNP area and its now top of the list of place's to check out.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Corrisa :)

I have a 2007 Skidoo Summit 800 and he has a 2012 Skidoo Summit 800 just waiting to get it in from the dealership! It's his first season sledding so it will be interesting! I've always went up north in the Yukon and Alaska so I haven't really ridden a lot down south. We also quad I have a 2006 Suzuki Vinson 500 and he has a 2011 Canam 800. We went quadding a lot this year, a lot around Rocky Mountain House, Crowsnest Pass and just around Edmonton. How about you?

Cool I bet he is like a kid a Christmas waiting for his new ride lol! I ride lots in revy and sicamous my parents live there now so I always have a place to stay, I plan on riding more in vale and mcbride this yr. I have an 08 800 dragon.

Top Bottom