Woman Cave

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dry fit with the galvanized steel metal bench top. 13ft was interesting to move accross the city to my garage, lol. Goes up the wall 1.5" and down the front of the bench 2". Looks super sleek. Can't wait to glue and clamp it down.

Close up

steel top close up.JPG

steel top.JPG

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are getting a vice and havent already go with a 6" or bigger. 4" is too small.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are getting a vice and havent already go with a 6" or bigger. 4" is too small.

a vice to attach to the bench? I haven't gotten one yet. I only have a grinder and I'm not sure if I will be putting it on the bench yet or not.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
a vice to attach to the bench? I haven't gotten one yet. I only have a grinder and I'm not sure if I will be putting it on the bench yet or not.

Where else would you put it Rowdy? Gonna build another smaller bench?

I see one receptacle above the bench so I'm thinking you will require a power bar attached somewhere on the wall maybe. Not hard to be using more than two electric using tools at the same time; solder gun, grinder, side grinder, trouble light, heat gun, etc..

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where else would you put it Rowdy? Gonna build another smaller bench?

I see one receptacle above the bench so I'm thinking you will require a power bar attached somewhere on the wall maybe. Not hard to be using more than two electric using tools at the same time; solder gun, grinder, side grinder, trouble light, heat gun, etc..

I think I've only used it a couple of times, it came with the house so I figured maybe I'd just leave it and figure it out later. I like the idea of a grinder on a stand. I like to have the work bench as clear as possible.

And yep my plan is to put a power bar up on the wall there. There is also a plug at the end of the bench too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think I've only used it a couple of times, it came with the house so I figured maybe I'd just leave it and figure it out later. I like the idea of a grinder on a stand. I like to have the work bench as clear as possible.

And yep my plan is to put a power bar up on the wall there. There is also a plug at the end of the bench too.

Okey-dokey

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grinder on a stand is a better place. Less mess. An old brake drum makes for a good base if you can weld.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaaand looking at your bench if you get another light mounted above it, maybe to the shelf above will make a world of difference while you are working on it.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaaand looking at your bench if you get another light mounted above it, maybe to the shelf above will make a world of difference while you are working on it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! :D Figured it'd be nice to have. I'd actually like to find one of those snake like lights to put there and be able to move. Do you know what I'm talking about or where I'd find that? Thought it might be nice to have something to move around

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer something brighter. I have a 4' fluorescent light above mine but for your longer bench I would hang a 8' off the shelf. Maybe a foot lower??

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
13 ft long bench needs at least 12 ft of lighting. Angle mount it at a 45 along the wall right under the shelf, that way it will also shine out towards the main part of the garage. Got a carb pulled apart you will appreciate all that extra lighting looking for c-clips and shims, reading jet sizes etc. And a cool white bulb gives off a true white light rather than that sickly yellow of a warm white.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm using the sun, to power Krista's old work bench for now. Works great during the day, but hard to see chit at night :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
things are still hazy from last weekend. hard to see day or night. what a blast, thanks again trashman and pup.

Your welcome. I/we had a great time as well :D Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!!!

Top Bottom