Woman Cave

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin awesome rowdy! Great job :) When I get mine cleaned out enough to warrant pictures, and maybe a tad bit more work done ill remember to snap pics for your thread!

And love epoxy floor, makes such a difference in look and cleaning the floor.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure what to expect from a Rowdy thread with that title. I thought maybe she had the neighbors over.

As many times as i have been at Rowdy's place, but never seen the neighbors. From what she has told me........ you don't want to see them either :puke:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sure hope that's Cyle approved...
I just used your basic quick dry cement mix, made it more soupy than usual to allow proper seepage into the crack. Once the crack was full I wet the trowel and spread it over the top to allow for a smoother finish. Let it all dry then used a sanding block (I'd have to ask my dad which kind, kind of like a rock) and sanded the ever loving Sh*t out of it to get it as smooth as possible. For that crack shown I had to pour cement in there a few times before it was full, so be prepared for that. Just used the trowel to push it in, wait for a bit until it settles as it will settle down and into the crack even though it may look full.

For the floor you need to ensure the surface is REALLY clean. I mopped, shop vac'd, swept twice. Then you do an acid wash on the floor, give it a shop vac once completely dry and a light mop again. The product that I used is as listed below, this includes the thinner and acid wash. Cloverdale Industrial is the place I go for this product. You can get it in any color, as shown in my pics is the warm grey.

- Clovamastic Low Temp Epoxy 3.78L x 2
- Clovamastic Low Temp-Activator 3.75L x 2
- Epoxy paint thinner 1 gal x 1
- 4L Muriatic Acid x 1

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure what to expect from a Rowdy thread with that title. I thought maybe she had the neighbors over.

yeah I guess that was my bad on the title haha. Whoopsie!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got all the goodies in the garage last night so I can configure where the bench will go and how I will set it all up. Thinking of raising the bar fridge so you don't have to bend down to get a beer...

229991_10151868349860111_927403037_n.jpg

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doin' a nice job chic. i'm moving my fridge up also, i have the same one. i'll get you some polaris propaganda for the walls. LOL.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doin' a nice job chic. i'm moving my fridge up also, i have the same one. i'll get you some polaris propaganda for the walls. LOL.

Sounds great! Just no stickers...I won't be stickering anything up. Also, are you and Bev needing to spend the night? Just need to know ahead of time cause I have a feeling there will be a lot of people staying the night.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you went with the Dewalt air compressor:)

Yes indeed I did! :D It was a great deal, and the minimum for what I need. I also got 1/2" retractable air hose...hopefully that will work with the compressor I have. The guy at Princess Auto was not helpful and just made my head spin when he was talking.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Hey murm conspec in Edm can help you with epoxy floor cover material, very knowledgable guys I have used their epoxy before. Make sure you mix it right or it will take weeks to cure, comes in a few few colors as well easy to apply yourself. Floor squeegee and some painters tape and off ya go

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Love the floor!
Correct me if Im wroug but I think your gas line needs another swing joint? The line should be able to swing left/right,up/ down, back and forth. Looks like you have the back/forth, up/down but no left to right. But maybe u dont need it when braced to wall. But I thought U still did.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Love the floor!
Correct me if Im wroug but I think your gas line needs another swing joint? The line should be able to swing left/right,up/ down, back and forth. Looks like you have the back/forth, up/down but no left to right. But maybe u dont need it when braced to wall. But I thought U still did.

Good Question! Well I did have the City of Calgary complete both a rough in and final inspection so if something was wrong they should have caught it at either phase. Also, see below pic from the gas code and 6.15.15 should answer your question. :D :beer:

photo(16).JPG

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Question! Well I did have the City of Calgary complete both a rough in and final inspection so if something was wrong they should have caught it at either phase. Also, see below pic from the gas code and 6.15.15 should answer your question. :D :beer:

View attachment 132645

I think he is right Rowdy 5 90's make a correct swing joint you have four. It probably won't cause you any problems as it will likely allow enough movement. I believe four is minimum code five is best practice.

TB

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work. Looks good. I did an epoxy with a flake in it on my floor. Looking back now I think I would of left the flake out makes it hard to find small stuff if you drop it.

That was quite the crack in the floor. I wonder if that was cycles handywork

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he is right Rowdy 5 90's make a correct swing joint you have four. It probably won't cause you any problems as it will likely allow enough movement. I believe four is minimum code five is best practice.

TB
Hey TB....see above excerpt right from the code book. It is done to code and correctly. If you believe 5 90's is the way to go, please enlighten me and draw me a picture of how it "should" be done...I'm very curious to see how you would do it and am always open to suggestions or improvements. But it is my belief what I have done is the best way and the correct way.

PS. I don't mean to come off rude saying all that. :D

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work. Looks good. I did an epoxy with a flake in it on my floor. Looking back now I think I would of left the flake out makes it hard to find small stuff if you drop it.

That was quite the crack in the floor. I wonder if that was cycles handywork
Haha funny you mention that I was going to do the flake too but have heard from so many people that I'd you drop something you will never find it lol.

The crack or the fix?! Cause I'm fairly certain this girl fixed it lol.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
got all the goodies in the garage last night so i can configure where the bench will go and how i will set it all up. Thinking of raising the bar fridge so you don't have to bend down to get a beer...

View attachment 132558

have my bar fridge on a bench, for the same reason..... Ease of access :)

Top Bottom