Woman Cave

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just had a company come in and do his floor and wrapped it up the walls 12-18" looks good. Probly a lot more coin though. Done by ultimate garage in the calgary area I think.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just had a company come in and do his floor and wrapped it up the walls 12-18" looks good. Probly a lot more coin though. Done by ultimate garage in the calgary area I think.

yeah I talked to the boys at The Garage Store for a while and might get some stuff from them. But they want to supply and install where I only want to purchase and do it myself. They did have a decent price on galvanized metal top for my benches, but for about quarter the price I can buy and bend my own metal. Soooo...that's what I will be doing. He was also trying to sell me on the plastic slat board over the wooden stuff I am probably going to get. $47 for a 1'x8' piece whereas the wooden is $45 for 4'x8' piece.

I'm putting some super ultra mega caulking in the gap between the OSB and floor to stop any potential water seepage. Then I have a rubber baseboard that I will be putting around the garage and painting white. I think that will look good.

This is just my first house and garage, so I want it nice, but I don't want to go too overboard. Save that for the dream shop. :D :beer:

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey TB....see above excerpt right from the code book. It is done to code and correctly. If you believe 5 90's is the way to go, please enlighten me and draw me a picture of how it "should" be done...I'm very curious to see how you would do it and am always open to suggestions or improvements. But it is my belief what I have done is the best way and the correct way.

PS. I don't mean to come off rude saying all that. :D

No worries. I said i think the code is four minimum five would be better. Don't take the diagrams out of the code as gossple as when i went to school the code book had many false or incorrect diagrams they had us change and maybe they have been fixed in the newer code books but when i went it was the first year for the new code and the instructor were pissed at all of the corrections that needed to be made.

If you to choose to change it all it would be is another 90 fitting and some nipples.

If you are outside your garage looking at it like in the photo. The line should come up out of the ground then 90 right then 90 away from you toward the garage then 90 up then 90 left then 90 through the wall. If that doesn't make sense i can try to draw it but posting it may be difficult but I could email it to you if you like.

Again I am not dissing your work at all everything looks great and all the power to you for tackling this job yourself. I just thought something was funny with the gas line.

TB

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries. I said i think the code is four minimum five would be better. Don't take the diagrams out of the code as gossple as when i went to school the code book had many false or incorrect diagrams they had us change and maybe they have been fixed in the newer code books but when i went it was the first year for the new code and the instructor were pissed at all of the corrections that needed to be made.

If you to choose to change it all it would be is another 90 fitting and some nipples.

If you are outside your garage looking at it like in the photo. The line should come up out of the ground then 90 right then 90 away from you toward the garage then 90 up then 90 left then 90 through the wall. If that doesn't make sense i can try to draw it but posting it may be difficult but I could email it to you if you like.

Again I am not dissing your work at all everything looks great and all the power to you for tackling this job yourself. I just thought something was funny with the gas line.

TB
^^^^ditto^^^
if ya look in the diagram. The gas meter can swing in all directions. Yours can't ! Don't trust all inspectors, I had a electrical inspector insist that I ground on both sides of my water meter???? I switched to Pex plastic pipe??? He made ground clamp to plastic pipe on both sides??? I get it on the old metal piping but plastic!

PS the floor looks awesome!! Nice work!

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a lot done today. One shelf built (turned out smaller than I really wanted it but whatever it will be perfect for some more slender rubber maids and yellow bins), work bench built, corner shelf built for bar fridge above the compressor. Just have to bolt the plywood to the unistrut tomorrow. Then get the measurements for the metal top and slat board. Yay! :D :beer:

559360_10151880620750111_908890089_n.jpg

376497_10151880623310111_326765968_n.jpg

396584_10151880625135111_1953433347_n.jpg

529360_10151880627190111_847339234_n.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a lot done today. One shelf built (turned out smaller than I really wanted it but whatever it will be perfect for some more slender rubber maids and yellow bins), work bench built, corner shelf built for bar fridge above the compressor. Just have to bolt the plywood to the unistrut tomorrow. Then get the measurements for the metal top and slat board. Yay! :D :beer:

View attachment 132676

View attachment 132677

View attachment 132678

View attachment 132679

Wow! If your not the perfect girl you gotta be in the top 5. Shop is looking.........................well like a mancave. Lol.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good. But you should add some T5HO lighting.

What is that and why would I add it with 4 big lights and 2 windows? Is it that much better?!

Last edited:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is that and why would I add it with 4 big lights and 2 windows? Is it that much better?!

Ya the T5HO is real nice lighting. Super bright. Yea today it's bright and sunny but come winter web it's black out by 4:30 and your out wrenching on the sled to get it ready for the morning trip to revy you'll tthank me!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the T5HO is real nice lighting. Super bright. Yea today it's bright and sunny but come winter web it's black out by 4:30 and your out wrenching on the sled to get it ready for the morning trip to revy you'll tthank me!

Ive had those 4 big lights since last winter and they are friggin bright. So fairly certain I will stick with them. But thanks for the advice! Maybe in my dream shop! :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good Rowdy! Even a garage door opener....heehaw!

A reel for an extension cord and a trouble light! Did I see a "tune box"????

Thanks ferniesnow!!! And yes you did see all if that! :) I'm going out today to get some hooks and shelving stuff. And attempting to do the caulking around the garage floor again (I lack the hand strength so I might have to get some help for that).

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still have the box and reciept for that blue hose reel? I was at princess auto yesterday and they have a better set-up for 50 bucks. Usually they are about 3 times that. I hose is bigger too I think.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks ferniesnow!!! And yes you did see all if that! :) I'm going out today to get some hooks and shelving stuff. And attempting to do the caulking around the garage floor again (I lack the hand strength so I might have to get some help for that).

Just get the tube a little warmer. Then you have to be careful how big a hole you put in the nozzle.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

View attachment 132676

View attachment 132677

View attachment 132678

View attachment 132679

That looks really good Krista!!!
Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow and making sure your :beer: doesn't go bad in your new fridge ;)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I went to Princess Auto to get the pneumatic caulking gun but no luck, it was closed. Today wasn't quite as productive due to a retarded amount of running around but I did manage to get the plywood bolted to the unistrut and some organizing done.

organizegarage.JPG

MATTIAC....this is how bright my garage is at night.

nightgarage.JPG

Top Bottom