Wiring a Sled Deck

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Did the same with mine . Clean, quick and never see the wires or do they get in they way

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I also did ther same. Ran though tailgate and plugged into back plug. I use the large plug adapter to four wire when towing trailer also.
I removed four pin receptacle cover to do this.
I never remove my deck as I use it all year round.
I highly suggest to put electrical grease in the plug to stop water ingress and stop the dreaded Green corrosion. most of the people forget this inexpensive solution and find a rewire of the plug in a few years.
My deck has been on my Ford since 2008 and zero corrosion.

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK one wire goes to the hot wire on the tail light but where do you go with the other wire, do you ground it inside the tial light. Basically I am doing the same as every body is doing using two wires but I do not want to go to the trailer plug in the hitch. I want it left behind the tail light. I got a couple of pictures but cant seem to load them for some reason.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well still got no lights. I checked with GM shop today the black wire is ground and brown is hot, supposed to work. Hooked up and not working. This is on the tail light wiring.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check and make sure you have a good ground.
As it states above. The black wire on the tail light running bulb is the ground wire. I have 2 clean bare wires but didnt want to solder it because I dont have any deck lights with them tie together. I will post some picture of this later today. Kind of stomped on this one so far. The deck has new wiring.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just run the wires to a plug as you would a small trailer thought i would correct it for all you english pubes

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ust run te wires in to a plug thanwhen the dcoes in you just plug it in as yo would a small trailer works good

Me fale unglish, thats unposibel!

I know its the internet and spelling doesnt have to be perfect, but for god sakes.................

May Maxwell have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know its the internet and spelling doesnt have to be perfect, but for god sakes.................

for being a english guru where's your apostrophe on doesn't puebert

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My god this kid must to be used to texting slang, Anyhow I think I got my wiring issue figured out. Will try it tonight and see how it goes. Stay tuned.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i installed a 2 prong plug in from my signal light lens,when the sled deck is on you just plug it in,if the sled deck is removed the plug in just sits by the lens just inside the tailgate, never had a issue with it

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok shes done. The plugin is overkill but good for moisture. This is quick simple and no wires going to the trailer plug. I doubled and triple checked this for spelling!! 100_2161.jpg 100_2162.jpg 100_2167.JPG

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and I put two coats of GM transmission oil for the deck, rather than stain or paint. Dont need that peeling and adding more work down the road.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and I put two coats of GM transmission oil for the deck, rather than stain or paint. Dont need that peeling and adding more work down the road.
what ended up being the problem with your lights?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ended up being the problem with your lights?
The wires were crossed on the deck plug. Brown wire was hot on the tail light, so brown wire went to the white wire on plug and black went to black.

Top Bottom