Wiring a Sled Deck

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a used Marathon 7' deck and need to wire the marker lights into the truck. Its a 2004 Chev 3/4 ton, where can I rob power from that will make the lights come on with parking lights?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make an adapter that plugs into your trailer plug..........

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make an adapter that plugs into your trailer plug..........

Good answer and easy enough to do, but than I cant tow a trailer when my deck is on. Any other ideas?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good answer and easy enough to do, but than I cant tow a trailer when my deck is on. Any other ideas?

I purchased a replacement plug for my truck which has a seven pin plug for my trailer as well as a 4 pin flat for me sled deck....it just replaces the original plug in the truck and plugs right into the existing wiring harness on the truck....and it took about 5 minutes to change out.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is wired into the tail lights.

where did they tap into? My truck has a wiring block up near the spare tire but I think if I tap in there it will be blowing fuses.

I also found cracks on both front legs, does anyone know of a TIG welder in Sherwood Park area?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your truck has the camper/towing package, there will be a harness taped up in between the box and cab.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

The most simple way to make this work is by purchasing a plus that plugs into your stock truck trailer plugin then off of that split two plugs one for your trailers and one for your deck. It's simple it's quick and you don't have to start hacking into your trailer wiring package, plus you can do it all in your garage without crawling under your truck.

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

The most simple way to make this work is by purchasing a plus that plugs into your stock truck trailer plugin then off of that split two plugs one for your trailers and one for your deck. It's simple it's quick and you don't have to start hacking into your trailer wiring package, plus you can do it all in your garage without crawling under your truck.

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com
with the camper wiring package, the wire ends are taped off and ready to be installed into a plug, no cutting into trailer harness, and no crawling under the truck. just have to pull them out from in between the box and cab, and remove the tape. no salt or road grime to corrode the connection when you hook it up there, and no wire hanging over your tailgate.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Mine is wired into tailights.There's a hole in box right at taillight,just run a wire in there and tap into wire.Put a two prong plug so its 2seconds to unplug when taking deck off.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I dont have the trailerpackage with with between box and cab. I yanked driver side tail lamp and there is a mess of wires, I traced down a brown and black wire that are power for park light and ground. After stripping wire back I just twisted the deck wires to these and pop goes the 10 amp fuse, now what do I do?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's shorting out somewhere, check your wiring on your deck.

Hooked lights to direct 12V via booster cables and found a bad light, got it all wired up. Now just to get the two front legs rewelded, anyone know of a TIG welder? Would Marathon reweld it if I took it there ya figure?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about TIG welding? Picture posted on this page:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about TIG welding? Picture posted on this page:

Called Marathon and got it booked in to get fixed. They are really helpful:)

Would definitely recommend Marathon Decks to anyone, just based on the service

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
called marathon and got it booked in to get fixed. They are really helpful:)

would definitely recommend marathon decks to anyone, just based on the service

they are good........ My deck has been wired into the left rear taillite and i use a 2 wire trailer plug connector so i can just unplug and remove the deck when i need to....

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are good........ My deck has been wired into the left rear taillite and i use a 2 wire trailer plug connector so i can just unplug and remove the deck when i need to....

Thanks Summitric

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Summitric where did you go with the white wire from the plug. I have the black wire in the plug going to the brown wire on the tail light. Brown wire is hot. Its tow wires the black will be the hot and white will be ground. 2007 GMC is the rtruck. Thanks.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it the easy way and just put a trailer light end on it. I just drop the plug through the tailgate gap and plug it into the trailer lights. I also wired up a splitter so if I use a trailer I can still plug in the deck.

Top Bottom