winterize your quad

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I'm parking my quads for the winter in non heated garage, should i be doing anything special to them to make it thru the winter.Besides gas stabilizer in the tank
What do you guys do?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to check your coolant make sure it is mixed for the low temps it may see during the winter.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is parked in a heated garage but I would be tempted to drain and replace all oils in case water unknowingly got into a diff or something.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ride er all winter ...we don't seem to enough snow around town to sled

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a mouse will love that new home they like airboxes especially and even a tail pipe makes a nice safe home.put some steel wool in the pipe.put the seat somewhere safe,and put something to remind you that there is a piece of steel wool in your pipe..i learnt the hard way wash it before you put it away the mud gets like concrete over a year,cover it if possible ya know someones gonna throw something on it.:beer:

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not riding it all winter you might want to put fuel stabilizer in the tank or drain it completely.... Makes it way nicer to start come spring..... Fuel only stays good for 3-4 months.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe take out the battery and keep it warm i plow snow with mine but i park the wifes i start it up once a month and let it charge up

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya definately take out battery ,fuel stabil,,the steel wool trick and a cover if it is outside ,,but it is good to start it once a month,,or ride alll winter like the rest of the die hards

Top Bottom