Winter Ice Road 09 .....again...with pics inside

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hauling steel up to Fort Good Hope in the North West Terittories...they are building a new school and I got the call ...

winter ice road ......

cowboy up !!

-56 ...340 klicks in 14 hours
steep 15% grades chained up on all 4 bogies
across the Mackenzie river ...over flows,and snow storms ..... winter truckin at its best ..got 4 more loads to go so I will update when I can ...

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
North Bound and down, loaded up and trucking we gonna do what they say can't be done. Got a long ways to go and a short time to get there you're north bound just watch old H2SNOW run.

Cool stuff man, I don't think I could do that. Too hard to check snow and mud while I'm working,hahaha

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wont break any speed records if that roads as rough as it was last year!Happy Truckin!:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool pics, nice to see someone else has to put that much jewelry on once in a while....:D

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I got 9 trucks on the way to Norman Wells right now they said the road is the best it has been in years.....guys that came out on monday said they only met 2 trucks :eek:...recession must be hittin them too

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 9 trucks on the way to Norman Wells right now they said the road is the best it has been in years.....guys that came out on monday said they only met 2 trucks :eek:...recession must be hittin them too
what are they hauling up there Murm? pretty quiet everywhere up here....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome! and you guys are doing this for a new school, that's cool!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow..excellent work.excellent view.ever need to use the moose catcher on that truck?:beer::beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool stuff mike!!!!!!!!!!!! must get kinda boring though going that slow for THAT long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool pics, nice to see someone else has to put that much jewelry on once in a while....:D

yup but left my steering chains hung up this time.....

buck50 Re: Winter Ice Road 09 .....again...with pics inside

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cool stuff mike!!!!!!!!!!!! must get kinda boring though going that slow for THAT long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope not at all ....didn't get any pics of the really `crappy stuff because you gotta be with the program :d

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup but left my steering chains hung up this time.....

buck50 Re: Winter Ice Road 09 .....again...with pics inside

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope not at all ....didn't get any pics of the really `crappy stuff because you gotta be with the program :d
cool!!!!!!!!! sounds like a long haul for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YKX

Reaction score
Good to see you are driving in our back country. Recession did hit us, Diamond mines are slowing down, 300 people to date laid off at one of them. The road you are travelling on is our future all weather highway north on Inuvik. Being proposed as a stimulus package for the north (northern bc, ab, yt and nwt). Keep up the truckin!

YKX

Top Bottom