Off Road Lights, Winter Grilles & Sled Deck

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to get my truck ready for this winter's hwy trips and as a sled hauler so thought I'd share with you what I did.

I usually drive from Fort McMurray to Thunder Bay every winter and needed a good set of lights that won't get broke from rocks, etc so I went with a VisionX 22" LED Lightbar. My first experience with LED and I gotta say it's amazingly bright and draws next to nothing for power. It is equivalent to 800watt Halogens for lumens.

photo49.jpg

photo48.jpg

photo52.jpg

I orderd up some stainless steel winter grille inserts from Ford for these cold months and already I can notice a big improvement for heat at -30.

photo45.jpg

photo46.jpg

I also decided to build a sled deck So I got 3/4" plywood, 2x6's, 1/4" puckboard for the skiis to slide and some hinges. Keep it flipped up so I can close my tailgate the here is what it looks like when you load:

photo50.jpg

Then lock it in the up position when sled is ontop. My aluminum ramps slide underneath so I think it turned out pretty well on a very low budget. :)
photo51.jpg

Anyways I just thought I'd share what I did this week. :)

Last edited:

RazorSVT

Reaction score

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Those lights are so bright. I have a 40" rigid on my commander. It's nuts. Whatever you do don't read the fog light thread

Wow I couldn't imagine a 40"! Why what's going on in the fog light thread?

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the loading system, I've done something similar just to save the truck box, but ramp storage underneath is a nice touch.
I also rigged up a loading system for my Rhino that would keep all weight off the tail gate, worked really well.

IMG_0347.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
72032fj_20.jpg
1744ifk_20.jpg

RazorSVT

Reaction score

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They also sell the light bars at interior off road in edmonton seen them there the other day, they are very nice and bright

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when compared sidebyside to the rigid the visionx is brighter ,bumper to bumper has both ,that being said the vision x is more money ,PS i cranked a deer @ 100km pushed in the rad support broke bumped housing and the light was fine

RazorSVT

Reaction score
when compared sidebyside to the rigid the visionx is brighter ,bumper to bumper has both ,that being said the vision x is more money ,PS i cranked a deer @ 100km pushed in the rad support broke bumped housing and the light was fine

Hahaha.... When I bought it they told me it was developed for the military and nasa and that you can shoot it with a shotgun and it wont break.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supposedly yes u can shoot it. it will crack/put a hole in the lense and you'll knock out some LED's but the rest of the bar will continue to work. supposedly they've ran these things over and everything! Scoping one out now for mine :) too bad i can only fit an itty bitty 20" without installing a light bar :(

RazorSVT

Reaction score
supposedly yes u can shoot it. it will crack/put a hole in the lense and you'll knock out some LED's but the rest of the bar will continue to work. supposedly they've ran these things over and everything! Scoping one out now for mine :) too bad i can only fit an itty bitty 20" without installing a light bar :(

Ok I'm glad you told me this before I tested it myself. :p Well a 20" is only 2" shorter than mune so don't worry, there will still be a ton of light! :)

razor i love that light bar, i gotta get me one!

Haha, pick one up!

That light bar is illegal on public roads because it is stupidly bright.....................

Sent from my Nexus S

Definitely... I wouldn't want to be the one to come against it straight on.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you have a cover for that light bar on the highway. Instant fine if they catch you on public highways without it covered.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
met a jerk on the highway yesterday with 6 lights on the front of his truck 2 headlights 2 fog lights and he added 2 more high output lights on the grill had them all on and it was not foggy or snowing fine should be 500 and removed on the highway when he gets pulled over

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My work colleage has a 20 inch on his truck and he got a fine in valemont for no cover. He was getting a coffee at the gas station and the cop saw the light on his parked truck and gave him a ticket and the light wasn't even on

Top Bottom