Windshield Cleaning

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plexus is da bomb for cleaning Windshields.. The Cold Lake Air Force peeps use it on their plane windshields. It is absolutely EPIC!!! A little spendy for a little can, but a little goes a long way, and it flat out works!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dilute hydrogen peroxide in water (2 parts water, one part hydrogen peroxide), and spray on the shield. Dissolves the little buggers in a couple minutes, and you can just rinse the windshield. You can buy a big bottle at a drug store or Wally World. To the poster who cleans his bike with Windex, only use the auto type, as the ammonia will strip all the wax from your paint, and will dull clearcoat finishes. The peroxide trick works good on the painted finish of the batwing fairing on my Ultra, too...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Dilute hydrogen peroxide in water (2 parts water, one part hydrogen peroxide), and spray on the shield. Dissolves the little buggers in a couple minutes, and you can just rinse the windshield. You can buy a big bottle at a drug store or Wally World. To the poster who cleans his bike with Windex, only use the auto type, as the ammonia will strip all the wax from your paint, and will dull clearcoat finishes. The peroxide trick works good on the painted finish of the batwing fairing on my Ultra, too...

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I use up the HD cleaner I bought.
Cheerz

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
Road King windshield? I have one of those too. X2 on the diluted hydrogen peroxide. I use this when parking at home after a buggy ride. Works great and won't harm plastic, chrome or paint. When I'm on a long trip and need a quick clean in the morning I keep a small can of Pledge in the saddlebag. Give it a good cover and leave for a few minutes then simply wipe off. You get the added benefit of water beading if you happen to get rain during the day. Something else that works great is the cheapest Wallyworld or Shoppers bubble bath that you can find. I use that for my major spring/fall cleaning. Melts bugs like butter. It's what we use on hoods/grills/bumpers and on the front of our RV's and boats.

Top Bottom