Wind burn?

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must have got some wind burn on the side of my face and neck last night out riding. -24C when we got home. 2 small swollen red spots...any good idea's for repair??

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kids and I pick a jar of poplar buds, soak them for a few weeks in olive oil, stirring them each day, cover the jar only with a paper towel. After a few weeks you get a red like oil that you can use on burns, bites, bruises, sore muscles. We melt a bit of beeswax into it to make a salve, perfect for windburn. If you look for it in a health food store it's called "balm of gillead". Best to pick the buds during the winter or they are really sticky.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kids and I pick a jar of poplar buds, soak them for a few weeks in olive oil, stirring them each day, cover the jar only with a paper towel. After a few weeks you get a red like oil that you can use on burns, bites, bruises, sore muscles. We melt a bit of beeswax into it to make a salve, perfect for windburn. If you look for it in a health food store it's called "balm of gillead". Best to pick the buds during the winter or they are really sticky.

Can you bring some to Edson for me today, Mom???

Eastcapeangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't sarcasm, or a joke. I use preparation H on my sunburns & windburn. That's what it's intentional use was for when it was invented for the military. It doesn't smell so hot, but it really works!:d

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't sarcasm, or a joke. I use preparation H on my sunburns & windburn. That's what it's intentional use was for when it was invented for the military. It doesn't smell so hot, but it really works!:d

Where did you get the windburn!! How! j/k

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My wife say I have my head up my a$$ anyway...two birds with one stone I geuss.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Eastcape, did you know that some people use it to reduce puffiness around their eyes. Weird! I know! But I heard it works.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try "Bag Balm"! It kept Shania Twains face looking good.:eek:

Bag Balm® Ointment
Used for over 100 years on cattle, horses and other domestic animals. It’s loaded with lanolin! For CATTLE: Helps soothe small injuries, rash chapping; massage on caked bag. Softens and moistens skin.

Top Bottom