Why so many riders without helmets still?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me i do not need or want any more regulation, but everytime some tard makes the front page of the paper for crashing his quad with out a helmut the closer we are to having it law. I simply do like to perform first aid on friends or expect to ruin their weekend by having them perfrom first aid on me. It is about RESPECT for each other. I have a limited amount of free time why waste it in the ER if you can avoid it.

If we could all be smart enough to wear one before the gov makes it a law maybe it wont??? Maybe we should start a petition to get TMO to sell his quad and take up sky diving with out a chute then we could stop the bad press that will surely be the demise of our sport.

TB
I've seen a lot more riders in my day that WERE wearing helmets and their safety gear that were more dangerous than anyone on the trail because they were irresponsible aholes and drove the trails like they are the only one on them. Ripping along trails at breakneck speeds through intersections, etc. I won't go to Bruderheim anymore because of that very thing. Your comment about TMO skydiving is pretty immature. Sure you're 34?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot more riders in my day that WERE wearing helmets and their safety gear that were more dangerous than anyone on the trail because they were irresponsible aholes and drove the trails like they are the only one on them. Ripping along trails at breakneck speeds through intersections, etc. I won't go to Bruderheim anymore because of that very thing. Your comment about TMO skydiving is pretty immature. Sure you're 34?

The less dumb people in this sport the less we will get regulated and he seemed like a good place to start. So now you are saying because i wear the proper gear im the more dangerous guy?? wow

Maybe you should join him.

TB

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The less dumb people in this sport the less we will get regulated and he seemed like a good place to start. So now you are saying because i wear the proper gear im the more dangerous guy?? wow

Maybe you should join him.

TB
You need to improve your reading comprehension. I said that I've seen more dangerous riders WITH gear than I have without helmets. The gear had nothing to do with it, their riding style did. Maybe you're the dumb one that you speak of? Do you always wish harm on people that don't agree with you? Maybe you need to grow up.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to improve your reading comprehension. I said that I've seen more dangerous riders WITH gear than I have without helmets. The gear had nothing to do with it, their riding style did. Maybe you're the dumb one that you speak of? Do you always wish harm on people that don't agree with you? Maybe you need to grow up.

Well the way it read it sure looked like you meant that those of us with the gear were more likely to be the dangerous ones on the trail.

So all you were saying is that you have seen dangerous riders with gear and safe riders with out??? So your point has what to do with wearing gear? That the gear doesn't make you a better rider? :clap2:

It doesn't matter how safe you think you are or how slow you ride or how many years of experience you have. Run the numbers and it is only a matter of time and the guy with no gear will get bit a lot harder than the guy with it. If they end up on the front page with one it looks better for the sport than if they don't.

And as for wishing harm on people that don't agree with me, not really but i am a huge Darwin supporter. Just waiting for nature to weed them out.

Tb

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have seen a buddys cv lock up as he did not notice the torn boot in time he was touring down a trail responsibly (with gear) at about 30km/hr and was thrown from machine as it rolled. you never know what can happen and when. Out of all the hair brained things I have done and places I have gone the accidents ussually occur while doing something innocent.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, the non-sledders say the same thing about people who himark hills in the mountains. I guess you just supported their arguments and there are alot of people on this forum that do the himark thing, but I guess the non-sledders are wrong, since its mountain sledding and we all like to do it. Kind of hypocritical. That "you are using up valuable EMS resources" can apply to a whole lot of activities. I find it comical when people use that argument when it suits their purpose, but not when it doesn't. Too many control freaks on this forum.

Nice reach...does your back hurt after that one?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The people who don't wear helmets are usually the ones that have already damaged something so it's moot point to protect something that's already faulty

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after this weekend water wings are the new safety gear, if ya don't have them, your going to be a pile of dead fish.
u guys mustn't have anything to do, if ya want to wear a helmet great if not that is your choice, don' t get in my face if i'm not wearing a helmet. it is my friggin choice, so far.

yes i wear a helmet and by friggin choice, give the world a break until it is illegal ya can get off your friggin soap box. the easiest way to enforce helmet use is no helmet no insurance.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why should taxpayers have to fund special needs healthcare to keep your half brain dead body alive just because you weren't wearing the one thing that could have prevented that brain damage in the first place? Street bikers are required by law to wear helmets, why is that? Do you really want to have your children wiping the drool off your chin for the rest of your life.

Hambone

Reaction score
I for one hate helmets to all it took for me was one tree to change my mind. I tell you what that's no way to learn a simple lesson like helmets are a good thing. Just ask whodeannie he was their and it was his quad I hit the tree with

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. 16 fawking pages to read through. Wow. If you want to ride with me without a helmet I will give you grief. But it is your decision. My last episode happened during the winter on my sled. Tried jumping over a tree (4" diam.) on the trail but it caught between the ski and hood. I went to move and it released straight into my face and almost knocked me off the back of my sled. This is while stopped. Had a fat lip for the rest of the day. It was kinda funny but without the full face helmet and goggles I would have been a vegetable no doubt.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
spent all weekend on the boat,,, no lifejackets but burned thru 72 beers

Top Bottom