Why is snowandmud.com important to you?

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you come to the forum?

What do you get out of this online community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just here for the smarties..................................:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

I joined looking for info.
I stared to participate once I found the Max thread.
I stayed because of the peeps I've met and I can now call my friends.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% info.. learn about the new sleds, riders experiences, see some sweet riding videos and new locations. Most of these guys use and abuse their trucks, trailers, sleds and other toys so great to hear how stuff holds up and why they own what they do.

Try to ignore, and weed through the BS, totally ignore the sales and marketing guys on this site, and get info from the guys that actually ride the **** of sleds to take their opinions (FernieSnow, Jurkot, Lilduke, Teth-Air, to name a few)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Stumbled across the site looking for information on quadding/random camping areas.Ended up spending quite a bit of time here.Most of the people I currently call my friends were met because of common interests;sledding/quadding etc.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
A great majority of my close friendships & even those I consider my closest friends were made right here on this site, I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be but I hang out with and chat with the friends I have made here weekly if not daily.

2 years before S&M was developed my buddies and I scoured the WWW to find information on riding areas and others with the same interests to no avail, we even discussed starting a site like this but we were too drunk and lazy to make it happen, luckily chief shiny top managed to get-er-done.

I sometimes miss the "good old days" when 300 posts a day were common but who has time for that anymore.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking for information on throttle control ...
Still looking btw ....
Despite the some current negativity , it's a great place with a lot of wonderful real people .
It is just an honest slice of like minded people , no better or worse than any other segment of society.

I will say I can't count the number of good times and laughs that We and the many friends that we have made off the sight; have shared...
At the end of the day ....
That's all that really matters

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% info.. learn about the new sleds, riders experiences, see some sweet riding videos and new locations. Most of these guys use and abuse their trucks, trailers, sleds and other toys so great to hear how stuff holds up and why they own what they do.

Try to ignore, and weed through the BS, totally ignore the sales and marketing guys on this site, and get info from the guys that actually ride the **** of sleds to take their opinions (FernieSnow, Jurkot, Lilduke, Teth-Air, to name a few)

This is what I came here looking for, information, and it was very good place to find info back a few years ago.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I joined the site after camping with Tex.

Met most of our quad and sxs friends on the site.

Some good tech info. Lots of laughs and BS

Makes for a fun place

I enjoy volunteering for the summer event.

Also Val is a supporting vendor.

I don't own a sled but am sure i can crash one.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Back in the day when Bogger was posting 300-700 posts/day it was a fun time passing the time when life got a little boring.

The first XP kept me here for badly needed information as I was a site rookie to all the chit chat and rhetoric. I, like others, contributed with mechanical information and riding area information. I also took much needed information away at the end of the day. Through all that, I have gained a little forum savy, a lot of friends and acquaintances, and a vast knowledge of the world of Doolaide.

It is easy now to pretty much ignore the BS and the me, me, me threads with people knowing everything from trucks, to guns, to bikes, to sleds, to places to ride and/or live. To each their own but the "know-it-alls" get a little over bearing. I am happy that there are the regular informational posters that are still contributing in a positive manner and that is what keeps me coming back. There is information and humour at the same time.

I am a dinosaur and not a FB junkie and I do wish more members would post on S&M more regularly as I can see things slowly slipping away.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came searching for info on riding areas.
That lead to learning about others experiences with different sleds.
Now I just hang out because the site is broken and Im hoping for the old days.
The old days were way more fun.
Now you cant even search out the old days. Shiny Top deleted all the good days.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I lost my graveyard access a couple years back.... hasn't been the same since.

I came searching for info on riding areas.
That lead to learning about others experiences with different sleds.
Now I just hang out because the site is broken and Im hoping for the old days.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I lost my graveyard access a couple years back.... hasn't been the same since.

Back in the day, I got reprimanded for bringing up old threads to increase the post count. Mods didn't recognize the social value of what people had to say back then. Some of the old threads in the graveyard were classics!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, I got reprimanded for bringing up old threads to increase the post count. Mods didn't recognize the social value of what people had to say back then. Some of the old threads in the graveyard were classics!

Sorry dude! ...was just getting tired of sifting through hun run attempts to find the actual information in every thread. I still feel kinda bad for the mods giving you heck.

Top Bottom