Why I think the Switchback Assault is the perfect sled for me.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i cant make the sled show this weekend i have a hernia surgery this friday lol, and yea im gonna stop down at the dealer n check it out, any flaws with the 2011 800 motors that you guys kno of?

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i liked how the rmk handle, but i mena i probally wont go to the mountains anytime soon, im leaning more towards the 2012 sba i do lots of xcountry and backcountry riding

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The etech puts out 15 horse more then the poo. engines arnt even comparable. Its the chassis, I hope doo has something worked out.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Poo 154 hp
Doo E tech 163 hp

Looks like 9 ponies to me. I will double check with the calculator this time. Yup 9.
I don't ride hp myself. I prefer to ride a high performance high fun factor sled. 9 hp will not help the e tec in the shop with crank issues.
:d

Last edited:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo 154 hp
Doo E tech 163 hp

Looks like 9 ponies to me. I will double check with the calculator this time. Yup 9.
I don't ride hp myself. I prefer to ride a high performance high fun factor sled. 9 hp will not help the e tec in the shop with crank issues.

lolololol you seriously think your machine is superior in every possible way? Maxwell bet lenny $1000 his 12 etech would take Lenny's pro. Lenny backed out.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo's are at 148 horse. Doo is 163.9 or something. Yup. Looks like 15 to me. I dunno where you got 154. Gj adding 8 horse.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah awesome sled I bought the 2011 assault last year had no problems with it except I bent a torque arm and left rail but I was jumping it pretty hard mines a 155" so not exact comparison but I love the handling can't even compare switching from a summit x 670!!!!

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, I will take light weight over hp anyday (lol both is better though). The new poo's IMO are way ahead of doo and cat.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo's are at 148 horse. Doo is 163.9 or something. Yup. Looks like 15 to me. I dunno where you got 154. Gj adding 8 horse.

Does your daddy and mommy know you're up so late? Funny how I saw "the 148hp Pro" make XP's 800r (151hp) look silly last winter... even a stock assault was slightly ahead of a very well running 800r. I used to own a XP and now I'm an owner of the Pro RMK, so I'm very familiar with the XP. First time I've owned a Polaris in a long time.

I'm talking about riding in the mountains, not in Edmonton....

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just don't give. You seem to have an answer for everything.

I would like to know why in a polaris forum are we arguing over what a Doo can or can not Doo. I dont really care about it. Go find one of the other Brand war Forums and stay out the ones dedicated to the specific brand I came in here to read. It seems pretty apparent that you don't like Polaris Junior so I question why you even came here to read.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your daddy and mommy know you're up so late? Funny how I saw "the 148hp Pro" make XP's 800r (151hp) look silly last winter... even a stock assault was slightly ahead of a very well running 800r. I used to own a XP and now I'm an owner of the Pro RMK, so I'm very familiar with the XP. First time I've owned a Polaris in a long time.

I'm talking about riding in the mountains, not in Edmonton....

Stock vs Stock, Mod vs Stock, Mod vs Mod dosent matter its the rider skill not the brand of the sled so your statement is really just for bragging rights I guess.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock vs Stock, Mod vs Stock, Mod vs Mod dosent matter its the rider skill not the brand of the sled so your statement is really just for bragging rights I guess.

??... Agreed rider skill is most of it and there are some of those wide open hills with deep powder that are excellent to compare sleds as rider skill isn't as important. I was riding an XP the last 2 seasons so I'm by no means a Poo fan. From what I saw last season in the hills (not internet forums) I was convinced enough and I just so happen to think the Pro RMK is the sled best fit for me. Hopefully I can break it in next weekend finally!
Some good comparisons are in Snowest deep powder challenge, all 2011 sleds were very close to one an other in climbing, even with the so called 15 HP difference...

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
??... Agreed rider skill is most of it and there are some of those wide open hills with deep powder that are excellent to compare sleds as rider skill isn't as important. I was riding an XP the last 2 seasons so I'm by no means a Poo fan. From what I saw last season in the hills (not internet forums) I was convinced enough and I just so happen to think the Pro RMK is the sled best fit for me. Hopefully I can break it in next weekend finally!
Some good comparisons are in Snowest deep powder challenge, all 2011 sleds were very close to one an other in climbing, even with the so called 15 HP difference...
I seen that snowest comparo. PRO took 2 of 3 comparisons. The 15 hp more etec did not have enough power to out handle the Pro. Like I said. I will take the wimpy Poo Poo that handles great and has a high fun factor. Pokin fun of course.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Would love to hear what you think of the RMK once you get a few miles on her especially coming from doo. I think the new RMK's are awesome seen a few of them last year out west they look like a fun sled to ride. There is going to be a 155 poo in my riding group this year so will get a chance to ride it looking forward too it. I wish poo would make there tunnels accept the 16" wide tracks IMO I feel the wider tracks do better in the climbing which I lean more towards doing.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will let you guys know how it goes this season. Who knows I could be back to DOO next season! haha

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early report and comparisons:
We had a nice dump of snow here so had a chance to rider er for about 2 hrs so far. No boondocking of course but had a chance to get the feel of er a bit.
Typical Polaris..get on and ride. No need to adjust to the sled as if fits perfect. Love the high seating position as if fits my style and ease of standing up. Stock setup is very close for me. (175 lbs)
Love the tight steering. Right from the steering post to the skis the system has NO slop. Want to see slop just check out the new Cats. Right at the steeing post there is huge slop. The telescoping steering adds even more.
Lots of room under the body panels to access engine, belt, etc. And this is the narrowest sled design out there. Love the narrow body style. Engine feels strong even though it is still in breakin mode. You can tell you are in break in mode with the extra oil mixed with the fuel and the rich fuel mixture. I am told the breakin period is about 10 hrs.
Wide boards are great. Seat is perfect for me. Glad Poo used the Rush seat instead of the RMK seat for my style.
Will post more when the snow deepens and I have had a chance to test out the handling boondocking, hill climbing, and whatever comes my way.
Would appreciate anyone else providing feedback on your experiences on the SBA.
Installed the Powder Keg fuel and cargo system on the sled. Cheers.
100_0656.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early beta testing the SBA back in 2008, eh fisks? You lucky dog.

Not enough snow here for me to try it out, and what there was mostly melted today.

Hey, what's the trick to getting the side panels removed? Pull one side at a time? Is there a certain angle to pull at? Just give er?

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early beta testing the SBA back in 2008, eh fisks? You lucky dog.

Not enough snow here for me to try it out, and what there was mostly melted today.

Hey, what's the trick to getting the side panels removed? Pull one side at a time? Is there a certain angle to pull at? Just give er?

I was told by the dealer to simply release the 2 quarter turn fasteners, remove the rubber strap, the side panel swings down about 50 degrees. Then pull the bottom out even though you think it will break...it won't. Comes off with a pop.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good topic and i was in the same boat as you
except i was NOT paying over $12k for a new sled...just wasnt gonna happen
when i looked at all the models, the 2012 RMK 144 600 was the ticket

i get west about 2 times a year, and i promise this sled will get me everywhewre my 06 800 REV would
the power to weight ratio is better w the Pro and will float much better the the REV ever would

for most of my riding here and at the lake, this will be the ticket
light, nible, and a big enough track to handle some of the deeper snow we get at the lake

it might be a bit more work when i get west with it, but it will make be a better rider learning how to get the 600 to the top
most of my riding is boondocking and tree riding, not much of a highmarker

your 800 SB Assault tho will be so sweet man - was on my radar for sure.......

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode my new 2012 Pro RMK 163" this weekend and let me tell you these sleds are as good as they sound! 2 days in Revy, first day 2-5 ft bottomless powder and second day the snow got more set up. It was a stuckfest with every sled out there so only managed to put 40miles total and about 10 stucks! Last 2 yrs I rode a 08 XP 154" that had full dynaport exhaust, DJ clutch kit/ramps, slp skis and well setup suspension. This sled handled much better then most 08/09 XP's and put a few HP more (stock 800r=151hp), just to give a comparison.

-Power wise the sled feels on average comparable to my 800r. The poo doesn't quite hit as hard on the bottom (probably due to the QRS clutch design on the doo's), but feels stronger mid to top end. Overall the power deliverability is smoother then the 800r. The sled floats like no other sled out there, it just keeps tractoring along when climbing and goes way further then where I would make it with my XP.
-Handling is way smoother, I found I was pulling it over too hard (used to my XP) and after a few hrs I was doing things so easily and effortless. This sled is gonna be sweet in the trees.
-Sled is stock except for an MBRP can, footwell blockoffs, all foam removed, underseat bag, gauge lifter and a gas rack. Not putting anything more on this sled for this year.

Top Bottom