Why I think the Switchback Assault is the perfect sled for me.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 010 summit and rode the rmk last year in CNP. the Pro lays over so easy. This allows a old guy like me to have extra energy at the end of the day to keep drinking with the young guys.
cant wait for this year

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mind me asking how come you chose to go with the mbrp can?

Rode my new 2012 Pro RMK 163" this weekend and let me tell you these sleds are as good as they sound! 2 days in Revy, first day 2-5 ft bottomless powder and second day the snow got more set up. It was a stuckfest with every sled out there so only managed to put 40miles total and about 10 stucks! Last 2 yrs I rode a 08 XP 154" that had full dynaport exhaust, DJ clutch kit/ramps, slp skis and well setup suspension. This sled handled much better then most 08/09 XP's and put a few HP more (stock 800r=151hp), just to give a comparison.

-Power wise the sled feels on average comparable to my 800r. The poo doesn't quite hit as hard on the bottom (probably due to the QRS clutch design on the doo's), but feels stronger mid to top end. Overall the power deliverability is smoother then the 800r. The sled floats like no other sled out there, it just keeps tractoring along when climbing and goes way further then where I would make it with my XP.
-Handling is way smoother, I found I was pulling it over too hard (used to my XP) and after a few hrs I was doing things so easily and effortless. This sled is gonna be sweet in the trees.
-Sled is stock except for an MBRP can, footwell blockoffs, all foam removed, underseat bag, gauge lifter and a gas rack. Not putting anything more on this sled for this year.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mind me asking how come you chose to go with the mbrp can?

Wanted a quiet can, most are a bit too loud for me. On my XP I wore earplugs, I rode my Pro RMK this weekend and it's quiet enough I won't need earplugs. This MBRP was also a smoking deal since it was slightly used by a guy before he put a turbo on.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats weird i find mbrp to make on eof the loudest cans out there, so did u put any miles on before u put it on or just put it on right away

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats weird i find mbrp to make on eof the loudest cans out there, so did u put any miles on before u put it on or just put it on right away

Nope one of the quietest on the Pro RMK since it's the "Trail" can. You're reffering to the "Standard" can and "Race" can. Have you heard an MBRP can on a Pro RMK yet?

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no I havnt actually.. I must have had the race can on my rmk.. It was Louudd ... Anybody running Slp with they're new sled?

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanted a quiet can, most are a bit too loud for me. On my XP I wore earplugs, I rode my Pro RMK this weekend and it's quiet enough I won't need earplugs. This MBRP was also a smoking deal since it was slightly used by a guy before he put a turbo on.

Going in to look at the 2012 RMK PRO 800 155 this weekend......I have a feeling it's gunna go into my truck............ :)

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a look at the Cat side and wow. And I thought the old Poo 800s had engine issues. These cats make the Poo issues seem petty. Poor blokes. I feel for them as they layed out alot of cash as I did. The Doo folks have their issues with them etecs I see also. Sure glad I went with the Poo. 1st tank of fuel allready through er and she rocks. Thank you Polaris for getting it right. Let's keep it that way please and thank you.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a look at the Cat side and wow. And I thought the old Poo 800s had engine issues. These cats make the Poo issues seem petty. Poor blokes. I feel for them as they layed out alot of cash as I did. The Doo folks have their issues with them etecs I see also. Sure glad I went with the Poo. 1st tank of fuel allready through er and she rocks. Thank you Polaris for getting it right. Let's keep it that way please and thank you.

I think a lot of the cat problems are being blown out of proportion, but time will tell. Beginning of the first model year is always a bit rocky. Beginning of last season when guys started riding the 2011 Pro's there were issues with bad oil caps and kinked oil lines. However after the bulletins went out that was cleared up quickly. Since then the issues have been relatively few. Polaris desperately needed to hit a home run, and thankfully they did. I can't wait to fire up my Pro again this season. Hopefully soon. Need snow! As some of you guys with new 2012's are already starting to find out, your in for a real treat this season. Enjoy!

Top Bottom