Why does this forum not charge for access

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other forums charge to access their forums. I think this is just a money grab. I know it costs money to operate but that is why advertising exists. How does this forum avoid this (or is it that this forum is not based on greed)? Someone from the main office explain this to me please. :rolleyes:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Chief Shiney Top has funded out of pocket for S&M to grow since day one. I'm thinking at some point maybe even already the advertising will cover the costs but it took a long time to this point.... We razz him and poke fun but in all reality his time and funds have allowed me to meet some of my closest friends and tribes-people... I guess the mods put in a few minutes here and there as well...

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other forums charge to access their forums. I think this is just a money grab. I know it costs money to operate but that is why advertising exists. How does this forum avoid this (or is it that this forum is not based on greed)? Someone from the main office explain this to me please. :rolleyes:

actually it is $400 a month, i'll pm u my info asap ;)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful UD... Richelle may show you the dark....as in the underside of a snowbank... if your lucky she may just steal your soul in true ginger fashion....

I would definitely opt for going straight to stealing his soul. I try to keep snow and evil separate: that whole "business and pleasure" thing, ya know??

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Because thats the way we like it.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this forum should charge money for each post, and Hwy 2 should be a toll road..........

Are you some type of moron 500efisks? Should I type slower so you can keep up?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this forum should charge money for each post, and Hwy 2 should be a toll road..........

Are you some type of moron 500efisks? Should I type slower so you can keep up?
:Happy4: I think that may be a bit harsh....lol. If i'm understanding correctly, he wants to know why others with the same or better traffic than this site are charging when this one seems to operate just dandy without....I could be wrong tho

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't see a problem????

Isn't it all the new swag and bling out of the store (jerseys, toques, t-shirts, hoodies, etc.,) that pay a big shot of the expenses..............J/K

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on of 'em. Haven't been back to SloWest once since they started charging!

Same here.

What really pissed me off is how the mass of information was built by the members, then those same members were being asked to pay for full access to it. I haven't posted on there since, nor have a bought a Harris published magazine.

Anyhow, I appreciate forums like this one where the site owners have managed to keep it free. :beer:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, something just dont sit right with me paying to access information that was provided by the people paying for it??

I like snow and mud

rgashkei

Reaction score
I am on a few forums and don't pay on any of them. I donate on a few but that is by choice.

Top Bottom