Who's got a bigger set?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one is over dramatized, but you can get the gist.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I broke my leg this winter riding. Injury doesn't deter me.

I still take pokes at stuff, but I find more enjoyment when on the track edge %90 of the day. Himarking and climbing shoots is still a big part of sledding, I would rather be riding in different terrain that's all.

Anyhow, pick what you wish and ride what you want. As long as you are having fun it is all that counts.

sent from a top secret location

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx CUSO, finally some vids in ths thread instead of words.

lately we've had cold nites and sunny days making the snow very inconsistant.
spring has so many variables that are changing by the minute.

winter climbing can be a stuck-athon with thinner faceted snowpack,
spring can be more painful and expensive as every climb is calling ...

I should get off my butt and bag a few more climbs before the warming sets in this week.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
One "full pull" from a couple years ago and one not so much from a year ago in the same chute.
I love to climb in the soft snow to avoid hard falls and less sled damage. Spring brings larger climbs due to stability and snow coverage. I'll take them both with the right group to watch my back.
Techy stuff is the best......big white hills are very very boring. First ascents get my adrenaline going. If someone has climbed it before im not really interested. Chutes vary weekly, monthly, yearly depending on snow conditions. Its all about picking a safe up line, having an out should something go wrong, minimizing the risk for the rider and participants and of course having a safe and successful climb.
Oh yeah.......Boondocking and covering as much distance as possible still Rocks!!

Cheers
RS

Attachments

• Couloir fuji.jpg
    Couloir fuji.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Couloir Tumble.jpg
    Couloir Tumble.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom