Who's got a bigger set?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who has a bigger set? The guys that climb the deep pow chutes in the winter or the guys who climb those long spring snow chutes in the spring? I think they both got em. What do you guys think?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer winter climbing. There's normally snow to slow you when coming back down. If things go really side ways, atleast there is snow to cushion your sled. The guys that do the spring stuff there's no winning other then blowing over the top.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spring time climbs are crazy cause its too the top or your sled comes down in a broken mess!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't personally climbed any of the chutes in revy. I know you need alot more than big horse power and a big bank account to get it done. It's technical riding with big consequences.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to either type of guys (often the same ones). I agree it takes a lot more than money to make those climbs otherwise you'd see everyone doing it. Anyone that says it doesn't can go back to their crybaby, ball-less, oh i'm so bad cause i ride the trees attitude, postwhoring way of enjoying snowmobiling.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoot climbing definatly takes Ballz and some skills, but it definatly requires a thick wallet too....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both take big balls! But like already said once I think the spring guys take a bit bigger, alot heavier avalanches and nothing to slow you down when coming down.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
bullch!t.

It takes more than deep pockets to pull those climbs.

They are in a league of their own.

Sorry,
Shoula put sprinkles on top....:beer::):rolleyes:

Atta boy, CUSO.......I agree and I really like the come-back.

Nerves of steel, big balls, whatever you call it, it takes a special kind of dude to getter done in any season..........I'm not that kind of dude!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atta boy, CUSO.......I agree and I really like the come-back.

Nerves of steel, big balls, whatever you call it, it takes a special kind of dude to getter done in any season..........I'm not that kind of dude!

Put me on a free turbo sled and I will attempt to climb anything if that is the deal.

It doesn't mean I will climb out the top, but if I lose the sled on one of them and no loss to me, what does it matter.

That's why I say it is the people with deeper pockets. Is climbing shoots my thing, no but I have climbed enough stuff that I feel confident enough to try anything. But I don't because I can't afford to lose a sled.

Spring snow is fast, but spring snow is hero snow and you can climb just about anything. A mistake usually means a rolling, flopping, tunnel twisted pile if parts. Pretty hard to stick the track in.

sent from a top secret location

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hero snow is much worse. Sled will not self-arrest like in pow, snow conditions can vary much more in the spring, might be soft in the sunny section and once you are in the shade it can be solid ice instantly (i.e. no traction), sled is harder to manouver when you can't side hill it or dig a track edge in, can't stop when coming down so make sure the run out is clear if you climb the big stuff (I might know a guy who learned this the hard way when he was younger..... ;) LOL). Pow has the advantage of being a little more uniform condition generally in the mid-winter. Much higher severity of consequence of things go bad, in pow you will get away with so much more, in spring you will take your sled home in garbage bags.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, perhaps you have what it takes, I thought this also myself.

But if climbing chutes is not your thing, I can guarantee that you most likely don't.

There is more to it than the sled getting wrecked. Injury is another factor.

This is more like what your stocker can do X3.

Put me on a free turbo sled and I will attempt to climb anything if that is the deal.

It doesn't mean I will climb out the top, but if I lose the sled on one of them and no loss to me, what does it matter.

That's why I say it is the people with deeper pockets. Is climbing shoots my thing, no but I have climbed enough stuff that I feel confident enough to try anything. But I don't because I can't afford to lose a sled.

Spring snow is fast, but spring snow is hero snow and you can climb just about anything. A mistake usually means a rolling, flopping, tunnel twisted pile if parts. Pretty hard to stick the track in.

sent from a top secret location

Top Bottom